Anne’s review of Pride and Prejudice > Likes and Comments

314 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-50 of 200 (200 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Although you're not being fair to Matthew McFayden. He's hot shit. I won't disagree with Colin as MISTER DARCY. He is the one, but Matthew isn't terrible. You want terrible? Watch the B&W version that cuts out chunks of it and turns it into some dull slapstick comedy...ugh.


message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne You're probably right, but my love of Colin overwhelmed my judgment when I tried to watch the 'other' movie. I just couldn't stand him. To be fair (to me!), I don't think McWhatever is good looking, so that didn't help.
*ducks*


message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica I will agree that only Colin Firth can be Mr. Darcy.
I got your back on that one.


message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne Erica wrote: "I will agree that only Colin Firth can be Mr. Darcy.
I got your back on that one."


Bless you, my child!


message 5: by Kuroi (new)

Kuroi I think Mr.Darcy just sniffed those underpants and threw them back. Ah, well, we've all been there.


message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Just love this book and all the adaptations that have been made. This story never gets old in my opinion. I have to confess though that Matthew McFayden is in fact my favorite Darcy. I just can't help myself lol. Great review as usual Anne!!!


message 7: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Jennifer wrote: "Just love this book and all the adaptations that have been made. This story never gets old in my opinion. I have to confess though that Matthew McFayden is in fact my favorite Darcy. I just can't h..."

I'm married and far as I can tell, mostly into women (other than Lono) and McFayden made me a little creamy. So too did Colin, so there you go. I think that Kiera Knightly did a good job as the proto-feminist Elizabeth, with a little more spunk and punk attitude. However, Mrs. Bennett was much better in the movie than the BBC series. Mr. Bennett was great in both, especially Donald Sutherland. Judi Dench? While reading the book, I saw no one else as Lady Catherine.


message 8: by Relstuart (new)

Relstuart But, are you excited for the Pride and Prejudice and the Zombies movie coming in 2016?


message 9: by Gavin (new)

Gavin The casting for that looks cool...Benedict Cum-in-her-buns is Mr. Collins.


message 10: by Anne (new)

Anne Krishna *needs a pink katana* wrote: "I think Mr.Darcy just sniffed those underpants and threw them back. Ah, well, we've all been there."

Gah! Devil child! Take it back!
*dies laughing*


message 11: by Anne (last edited Jun 10, 2015 11:29AM) (new)

Anne Jennifer wrote: "Just love this book and all the adaptations that have been made. This story never gets old in my opinion. I have to confess though that Matthew McFayden is in fact my favorite Darcy. I just can't h..."

Fine, fine. You and Gavin can get together and swoon. I'm keeping Colin all to myself!


message 12: by Robert (last edited Jun 10, 2015 11:30AM) (new)

Robert I'll just leave this here for you, Anne...

description


message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne Relstuart wrote: "But, are you excited for the Pride and Prejudice and the Zombies movie coming in 2016?"

I'm not sure. I didn't like the book, but the movie might be awesome?!


message 14: by Kuroi (new)

Kuroi Anne wrote: "Krishna *needs a pink katana* wrote: "I think Mr.Darcy just sniffed those underpants and threw them back. Ah, well, we've all been there."

Gah! Devil child! Take it back!
*dies laughing*"


The panties?


message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne Robert wrote: "I'll just leave this here for you, Anne...

"


Robert! You're killing me!!! What the hell is that? It looks like a cream cheese carving! Hahaha!


message 16: by Anne (new)

Anne No, Krishna. You can keep my panties. They double as a queen size comforter, btw. Enjoy!


Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more I think I was more offended by Kiera Knightley as Elizabeth Bennett than I was by Matthew McFayden as Darcy . . . But I completely agree: Firth = Darcy, and BBC miniseries is the BEST.

PS, obviously I'm a P&P fangirl too ;)


message 18: by Licha (new)

Licha Anne wrote: "Anne: Robert! You're killing me!!! What the hell is that? It looks like a cream cheese carving! Hahaha!"

Wet cheese.


message 19: by Licha (new)

Licha Sorry, but I'm also Team McFayden/Knightley. Firth is ok, but actress playing Elizabeth is just too weird to look at. I had to stop watching the movie because of her.


message 20: by Licha (new)

Licha I also hated P&P&Z but it might be fun as a movie.


message 21: by Anne (new)

Anne Licha wrote: "Sorry, but I'm also Team McFayden/Knightley. Firth is ok, but actress playing Elizabeth is just too weird to look at. I had to stop watching the movie because of her."

Bite your tongue!
Oooh! This is turning into a bigger nerd fight that we usually have on the comic book threads...
*takes out earrings...tosses off shoes*


message 22: by Robert (new)

Robert Anne wrote: Robert! You're killing me!!! What the hell is that? It looks like a cream cheese carving! Hahaha!"

It's a real thing, they built it as a tourist attraction in the UK!


message 23: by Anne (new)

Anne Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads wrote: "I think I was more offended by Kiera Knightley as Elizabeth Bennett than I was by Matthew McFayden as Darcy . . . But I completely agree: Firth = Darcy, and BBC miniseries is the BEST.

PS, obvious..."


Don't leave me all alone here with these barbarians, Jessica! Stand with me in defense of the True P&P movie!


message 24: by Anne (last edited Jun 10, 2015 11:59AM) (new)

Anne Robert wrote: "Anne wrote: Robert! You're killing me!!! What the hell is that? It looks like a cream cheese carving! Hahaha!"

It's a real thing, they built it as a tourist attraction in the UK!"


Dear God! And they say Americans are nutty!?
I mean, we ARE, but we obviously don't have sole rights to idiotic ideas.
It's not really cheese, is it?! I can't see it clearly on my tiny phone... Lol


message 25: by Anne (new)

Anne Licha wrote: "I also hated P&P&Z but it might be fun as a movie."

Well, at least we agree on something... ;)


Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more *stands with Anne* *but admits that JANE was rather odd looking* *NOT awesome Elizabeth who is awesome* *glowers*


message 27: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Anne wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Just love this book and all the adaptations that have been made. This story never gets old in my opinion. I have to confess though that Matthew McFayden is in fact my favorite Darc..."

LOL!


message 28: by Robert (new)

Robert Anne wrote: "It's not really cheese, is it?! I can't see it clearly on my tiny phone... Lol"

Alas, no, though that would be spectacular.

According to The Guardian it's built of that most Regency of materials, Fibre Glass, and is 13 ft tall.


message 29: by Anne (new)

Anne I finally got the link, Robert. LMAO! Fiberglass? Psssht. Now, if they made Firth sand in the middle of the lake, I'd paddle my ass across the ocean on a rubber raft!


message 30: by Alejandro (new)

Alejandro As a fan of Austen's works, I am truly glad that you enjoyed that much this novel by her :D


message 31: by Anne (new)

Anne Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads wrote: "*stands with Anne* *but admits that JANE was rather odd looking* *NOT awesome Elizabeth who is awesome* *glowers*"

I'll admit I originally thought the actress looked...less. But (like Darcy) her fine eyes grew on my until it thought she was the most beautiful woman in the room.


message 32: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Licha wrote: "Sorry, but I'm also Team McFayden/Knightley. Firth is ok, but actress playing Elizabeth is just too weird to look at. I had to stop watching the movie because of her."

Yay!! Our team is growing!!!
description


message 33: by Licha (new)

Licha Anne wrote: "Bite your tongue!
Oooh! This is turning into a bigger nerd fight that we usually have on the comic book threads...
*takes out earrings...tosses off shoes*
..."


As long as we don't wrestle on top of that cheese thing.


message 34: by Licha (new)

Licha Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads wrote: "*stands with Anne* *but admits that JANE was rather odd looking* *NOT awesome Elizabeth who is awesome* *glowers*"

Finally! Someone who agrees that Elizabeth just looked weird.


Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Anne wrote: "Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads wrote: "*stands with Anne* *but admits that JANE was rather odd looking* *NOT awesome Elizabeth who is awesome* *glowers*"

I'll admit I originally thought the..."


Not Elizabeth. I love Elizabeth. But Jane . . . looked kind of like a . . . goose? Maybe . . .


message 36: by Anne (new)

Anne Alejandro wrote: "As a fan of Austen's works, I am truly glad that you enjoyed that much this novel by her :D"

Thank you, Alejandro!


message 37: by Anne (new)

Anne Hey! Hey! Heeeeey! This thread is going sideways, people! I need some help here from the BBC lovers! Help! I'm drowning in a river of my no-taste friends!


message 38: by Maddie (new)

Maddie Jaques This is seriously the best thing ever.


message 39: by Erica (new)

Erica Well, I think my Firth vote should count as three since I've watched a few versions of this disasterpiece (the book, which you know I hate) and he was, by far, the cutest and also the most believable.
Bridget Jones also agrees, as does Helen Fielding, so...I'm bringing all the votes to your yard.


message 40: by Anne (new)

Anne Maddie wrote: "This is seriously the best thing ever."

Team Firth?!
*she asks desperately*


message 41: by Anne (new)

Anne Erica wrote: "Well, I think my Firth vote should count as three since I've watched a few versions of this disasterpiece (the book, which you know I hate) and he was, by far, the cutest and also the most believab..."

I would hug you right now, but I know that would just make for an awkward vibe between us. Well, that and the whole interwebs thing..


message 42: by Robert (new)

Robert Anne wrote: "Hey! Hey! Heeeeey! This thread is going sideways, people! I need some help here from the BBC lovers! Help! I'm drowning in a river of my no-taste friends!"

I never watched the film version, so I'll join team Beeb.


message 43: by Licha (new)

Licha Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads wrote: "Not Elizabeth. I love Elizabeth. But Jane . . . looked kind of like a . . . goose? Maybe . . ."

Oh, right. I meant the actress that plays Elizabth. Elizabeth the character is awesome.


message 44: by Leo (new)

Leo Haven't seen the movie, Colin Firth is Mr. Darcy and no one should try to portray the character ever again. He will pale in comparison.
This book is so fucking perfect.
I wish you and Mr. Darcy a lot of happiness ;)


message 45: by Anne (new)

Anne Robert wrote: "Anne wrote: "Hey! Hey! Heeeeey! This thread is going sideways, people! I need some help here from the BBC lovers! Help! I'm drowning in a river of my no-taste friends!"

I never watched the film ve..."


Whut? I don't understand. Are you telling me you've never seen these?


message 46: by Anne (new)

Anne Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads wrote: "Anne wrote: "Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads wrote: "*stands with Anne* *but admits that JANE was rather odd looking* *NOT awesome Elizabeth who is awesome* *glowers*"

I'll admit I originall..."


Yes! Jane was fugly! Goose is an appropriate animal comparison.


message 47: by Erica (new)

Erica Robert wrote: "Anne wrote: "Hey! Hey! Heeeeey! This thread is going sideways, people! I need some help here from the BBC lovers! Help! I'm drowning in a river of my no-taste friends!"

I never watched the film veversion, so I'll join team Beeb."


Which is another vote for Firth.
Firth is winning.


message 48: by Anne (new)

Anne Leo wrote: "Haven't seen the movie, Colin Firth is Mr. Darcy and no one should try to portray the character ever again. He will pale in comparison.
This book is so fucking perfect.
I wish you and Mr. Darcy a..."


I'm singing We Are The Champions right now. :)


message 49: by Anne (new)

Anne Erica wrote: "Robert wrote: "Anne wrote: "Hey! Hey! Heeeeey! This thread is going sideways, people! I need some help here from the BBC lovers! Help! I'm drowning in a river of my no-taste friends!"

I never watc..."


I will take that vote!


message 50: by Carmen (new)

Carmen so instead of sounding like a fresh-faced 20 year old, Elizabeth sounded like she had been smoking 3 packs a day for about 40 years. LOL Couldn't stop laughing


« previous 1 3 4
back to top