Peter’s review of Night Boat to Tangier > Likes and Comments

128 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Excellent review Peter! I’m glad you enjoyed such a great read! :)


message 2: by Peter (new)

Peter Nicola wrote: "Excellent review Peter! I’m glad you enjoyed such a great read! :)"

Thank you Nicola. This one was a literary treat. :):)


message 3: by Paltia (new)

Paltia Wow! Now that’s an evocative review.


message 4: by Paromjit (new)

Paromjit So glad you loved this too, Peter.....marvellous review! :):)


message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Wonderful review! I am also a huge fan of Kevin Barry.


message 6: by Peter (new)

Peter Paltia wrote: "Wow! Now that’s an evocative review."

Wow, what a wonderful comment. Thank you so much Paltia. :):)


message 7: by Peter (new)

Peter Paromjit wrote: "So glad you loved this too, Peter.....marvellous review! :):)"

Thanks Paromjit, I appreciate your lovely words and encouragement. I loved your review of this book. :):)


message 8: by Peter (new)

Peter Barbara wrote: "Wonderful review! I am also a huge fan of Kevin Barry."

Thank you, Barbara, I wondered with your love of Irish authors was this one of your favourites. I certainly loved this one and his style is unique and refreshing - often crude, but the Irish don't hold back too much on their language. :):)


message 9: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Wow, fantastic review Peter, I like the sound of this one 👏🏻


message 10: by Richard (new)

Richard Another great review Peter ........ really looking forward to reading this novel!


message 11: by Peter (new)

Peter Maureen wrote: "Wow, fantastic review Peter, I like the sound of this one 👏🏻"

I think you would really enjoy this one Maureen. Thanks for the lovely comment. :):)


message 12: by Peter (new)

Peter Richard wrote: "Another great review Peter ........ really looking forward to reading this novel!"

Richard, I think you would really enjoy the writing in this book. I appreciate the generous comment. Thanks!! :):)


message 13: by Paula (new)

Paula Kalin Quite a recommendation, Peter! Great review...Will take a look at the book.


message 14: by Peter (new)

Peter Paula wrote: "Quite a recommendation, Peter! Great review...Will take a look at the book."

I hope you enjoy it, I loved it. Different from a lot of other books I've read lately. Thanks for your kind words, Paula. :):)


message 15: by Ann (new)

Ann Loved it, loved it, loved it - your review is amazing. I have to read the book now. 💜


message 16: by Peter (new)

Peter Ann wrote: "Loved it, loved it, loved it - your review is amazing. I have to read the book now. 💜"

Me too!!! That is a really lovely comment and I thank you so much, Ann. I hope you enjoy it. :):)


message 17: by Karen (new)

Karen Awesome review Peter! I’ll be reading this!


message 18: by JV (semi-hiatus) (new)

JV (semi-hiatus) Brilliant write-up, Peter! 😃


message 19: by Marialyce (new)

Marialyce This book sounds so emotionally deep and thought provoking. Wonderful review, Peter!


message 20: by Peter (new)

Peter Karen wrote: "Awesome review Peter! I’ll be reading this!"

Thank you very much Karen for your kind words. I hope you enjoy it. :):)


message 21: by Peter (new)

Peter JV (semi-hiatus) wrote: "Brilliant write-up, Peter! 😃"

Hi, JV, appreciate your generous comment. Take care :):)


message 22: by Peter (new)

Peter Marialyce wrote: "This book sounds so emotionally deep and thought provoking. Wonderful review, Peter!"

Marialyce, it is one of those books that you can't get out of your mind - in a good way. Thanks for the kind words. :):)


message 23: by Ilse (new)

Ilse Your fine review makes me wish to 'meet' Maurice and Charlie, Peter - they sound the kind of intriguing characters we are unlikely to get to know in our in comparison quiet lives :-).


message 24: by Peter (new)

Peter Ilse wrote: "Your fine review makes me wish to 'meet' Maurice and Charlie, Peter - they sound the kind of intriguing characters we are unlikely to get to know in our in comparison quiet lives :-)."

Intriguing characters - from a distance ;) It could be exciting to meet them but your life would be in a bit of trouble if you run with them. Thanks for your comment, Ilse. Take care :):)


message 25: by Margaret Mary (new)

Margaret Mary An awesome review, Peter !!! Kevin Barry does have that amazing lyrical style. Can't wait to read this one.


message 26: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Excellent review, Peter!!


message 27: by Peter (new)

Peter Margaret Mary wrote: "An awesome review, Peter !!! Kevin Barry does have that amazing lyrical style. Can't wait to read this one."

Thanks very much, Margaret Mary, I hope you enjoy this one. I appreciate the lovely comment. :):)


message 28: by Peter (new)

Peter Kristy wrote: "Excellent review, Peter!!"

Thanks, Kristy, I really appreciate your kind words. :):)


message 29: by Beata (new)

Beata Excellent review, Peter :)) Aging Irish gangsters sound intriguing to me ;)


message 30: by Peter (new)

Peter Beata wrote: "Excellent review, Peter :)) Aging Irish gangsters sound intriguing to me ;)"

Thank you, my friend. Ireland - the land of saints and scholars, and gangsters. :):)


message 31: by Barbara (new)

Barbara LeMere Excellent review Peter. I can't wait to read this.


message 32: by Peter (new)

Peter Barbara wrote: "Excellent review Peter. I can't wait to read this."

Thanks, Barbara, I hope you enjoy it it was a great book. :):)


message 33: by Chris (new)

Chris Peter, your enthusiasm for this book comes shining through in your review. I don’t think I ever read a book about Irish gangsters so here I go! 🙂


message 34: by Peter (new)

Peter Chris wrote: "Peter, your enthusiasm for this book comes shining through in your review. I don’t think I ever read a book about Irish gangsters so here I go! 🙂"

Thank you so much, Chris, for your very kind words - I did love it. I hope you enjoy but it's the writing that's amazing. :):)


message 35: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Excellent review, Peter 💖


message 36: by Peter (new)

Peter Felicia wrote: "Excellent review, Peter 💖"

Thank you so much Felicia for your kind comment. :):)


message 37: by Carol (new)

Carol Sounds wonderful, Peter. Excellent review!


message 38: by Peter (new)

Peter Carol wrote: "Sounds wonderful, Peter. Excellent review!"

Thank you very much, Carol, it was such a well-written book. :):)


message 39: by Barbara (new)

Barbara I'll have to try this, Peter. Thanks for the great review.


message 40: by Peter (new)

Peter Barbara wrote: "I'll have to try this, Peter. Thanks for the great review."

No problem, Barbara and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks for your generous comment. :):)


message 41: by Mike (new)

Mike Fabulous review, Peter!! Just read Paromjit's before yours but you've both convinced me that this is something rather special.


message 42: by Peter (new)

Peter Mike wrote: "Fabulous review, Peter!! Just read Paromjit's before yours but you've both convinced me that this is something rather special."

Thank you so much, Mike, I truly appreciate that. I hope you enjoy and Paromjit's review is brilliant, as usual. It has also been nominated for the Booker Prize, so I'll be rooting for it. :):)


back to top