Tony’s review of Drive Your Plow over the Bones of the Dead > Likes and Comments

41 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ·Karen· (new)

·Karen· ‘When one can’t speak, one should write,’ she said. ‘It helps a lot.’
This helps. A lot.


message 2: by Tony (new)

Tony ·Karen· wrote: "‘When one can’t speak, one should write,’ she said. ‘It helps a lot.’
This helps. A lot."


That's what I just said.


message 3: by ·Karen· (new)

·Karen· No harm in repeating.
What?
I said no harm in repeating.


message 4: by Tony (new)

Tony ·Karen· wrote: "No harm in repeating.
What?
I said no harm in repeating."


I'd be shocked if you didn't love this.


message 5: by ·Karen· (new)

·Karen· Still waiting for it to get to the bookshop :-))


message 6: by Fionnuala (new)

Fionnuala I should probably not read this. I have a Japanese car and I share my bed with a Catholic.


message 7: by Tony (new)

Tony Fionnuala wrote: "I should probably not read this. I have a Japanese car and I share my bed with a Catholic."

Well, I too have a Japanese car and I have a secret incense fetish, and I still liked the book. So I think you'll be okay. Olga, as Janina, also says this: For a time I slept with a Protestant, who in turn designed motorways, and he told me, probably quoting Luther, that he who suffers sees the back of God. I wondered if this meant the shoulders, or the buttocks perhaps . . .


message 8: by Fionnuala (new)

Fionnuala Irreverence such as that I can not turn my back on!


message 9: by Tony (new)

Tony Fionnuala wrote: "Irreverence such as that I can not turn my back on!"

Shoulders?


message 10: by Fionnuala (new)

Fionnuala Such irreverent thoughts I'm having now! Thoughts like sharing my bed with God's buttocks! Maybe I should stop reading Ovid…


message 11: by Tony (new)

Tony Fionnuala wrote: "Such irreverent thoughts I'm having now! Thoughts like sharing my bed with God's buttocks! Maybe I should stop reading Ovid…"

God's Bodkins! As your boy Rabelais might say.


message 12: by Fionnuala (last edited Feb 25, 2019 11:47AM) (new)

Fionnuala Maybe there's an argument here for self-censorship.


message 13: by ·Karen· (new)

·Karen· There's no cause for you to be shocked.

Coming back to this now that I have read it for myself, I see how beautifully you have kept any betrayal of content out of your review, for that would be criminal, to betray.....


message 14: by Tony (new)

Tony ·Karen· wrote: "Coming back to this now that I have read it for myself, I see how beautifully you have kept any betrayal of content out of your review, for that would be criminal, to betray..."

I'm looking forward to your non-betrayal.


message 15: by ·Karen· (new)

·Karen· I may have slipped up a bit....


message 16: by Julie (new)

Julie Hmm. You ask that final question as though this is inevitable. I already know my answers anyway.
I added it. Thanks!


back to top