Chelsea’s review of Cross Her Heart > Likes and Comments

153 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Destanee (new)

Destanee Bowman (mama_needs_to_read) What is the reading schedule? I picked this as my BOTM pick!!! Can't wait to read!!


message 2: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Ooh! Sacred Suspense reads! Sounds intriguing! Hope you love it!


message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey Susanne wrote: "Ooh! Sacred Suspense reads! Sounds intriguing! Hope you love it!"

Thank you so much Susanne!


message 4: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey Destanee wrote: "What is the reading schedule? I picked this as my BOTM pick!!! Can't wait to read!!"

We are having a group chat once a week and taking the entire month to read the book so it’s totally casual and laid back!


message 5: by Destanee (new)

Destanee Bowman (mama_needs_to_read) Chelsea wrote: "Destanee wrote: "What is the reading schedule? I picked this as my BOTM pick!!! Can't wait to read!!"

We are having a group chat once a week and taking the entire month to read the book so it’s to..."


Awesome!!! I love to join! I commented on your instagram post so I can join.🤗


message 6: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey Destanee wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "Destanee wrote: "What is the reading schedule? I picked this as my BOTM pick!!! Can't wait to read!!"

We are having a group chat once a week and taking the entire month to read the..."


Added you! 🤗


Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books) I'm excited! I already finished the book, but I'm looking forward to talking about it


message 8: by Dusty (new)

Dusty Drosche So excited! Started today!!!!


message 9: by Destanee (new)

Destanee Bowman (mama_needs_to_read) Chelsea wrote: "Destanee wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "Destanee wrote: "What is the reading schedule? I picked this as my BOTM pick!!! Can't wait to read!!"

We are having a group chat once a week and taking the entire ..."

Thanks for adding me🤗 Can't wait to read!


message 10: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly I got this one from BOTM!!


message 11: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey Kimberly wrote: "I got this one from BOTM!!"

Destanee wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "Destanee wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "Destanee wrote: "What is the reading schedule? I picked this as my BOTM pick!!! Can't wait to read!!"

We are having a group chat once a week and ta..."


Dusty wrote: "So excited! Started today!!!!"

Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books) wrote: "I'm excited! I already finished the book, but I'm looking forward to talking about it"

I can’t wait to chat about this one with you guys!!


message 12: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Is the book club Instagram based? I'm interested!


message 13: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey It is! We’ll be discussing on our posts and the next one is on Tuesday! I’ll be posting on my handle @suspensethrill


message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Whooooa! Can’t wait to read your thoughts.


message 15: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey Ashley (5171MilesBooks) wrote: "Whooooa! Can’t wait to read your thoughts."

I hate that I've hit such a slump lately!


message 16: by Elise (new)

Elise (TheBookishActress) tear it APART, Chelsea


message 17: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey Elise wrote: "tear it APART, Chelsea"

Bahaha I knew you would approve! I can't wait to get to the part where she inserts the cliche homophobic villain. *vomit*


message 18: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn This was my BOTM and I couldn't get much more than 50 pages in. I skimmed to the end and blah. Very curious to get your take on it!


message 19: by Amy (new)

Amy It wasn't a one star for me, but, I wasn't feeling it either. Definitely not what I thought it would be, and not in a good way, either. :/


message 20: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey Kathryn wrote: "This was my BOTM and I couldn't get much more than 50 pages in. I skimmed to the end and blah. Very curious to get your take on it!"

You're not alone! I pushed through bc this was our book club choice and I was co-leading the discussion, but it's been really fun seeing the varied opinions on it. I think for me, it was all about timing and the copious amount of thrillers I've read in the past. When an author pulls an outrageous twist for shock value once, I'm onboard, but I was expecting it this go around and it fell flat.


message 21: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey Amy wrote: "It wasn't a one star for me, but, I wasn't feeling it either. Definitely not what I thought it would be, and not in a good way, either. :/"

I totally understand that feeling Amy!


message 22: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Just posted my mini review. Let's keep it short and sweet, rather than evil (like I originally planned). We will wrap this book up next week and then burn it. Shall we?


message 23: by Ashley (new)

Ashley This is an author I think I'll steer clear of. I've heard her last book sucked because the ending was ridiculous.


message 24: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey Dennis wrote: "Just posted my mini review. Let's keep it short and sweet, rather than evil (like I originally planned). We will wrap this book up next week and then burn it. Shall we?"

Yas queen!


message 25: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey Ashley wrote: "This is an author I think I'll steer clear of. I've heard her last book sucked because the ending was ridiculous."

I don't think you'll enjoy this one either Ashley.


message 26: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Mullane I'd love to hear some further thoughts, Chelsea. I have just reviewed this and wasn't at all impressed.


message 27: by Christie (new)

Christie Always go for petty...


message 28: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn Comer Scathing review!!!


Jenn(Storyas_blog) Omg! 😱


message 30: by YC (new)

YC spill!!


message 31: by Erin (new)

Erin Oh, Chelsea! Don't hold back!


message 32: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Tell--so I don't bother wasting my time on this. ;)


message 33: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Really? Be interesting to hear your thoughts. I've been enjoying it so far.


message 34: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Oh no- this one sounded so good!!! Would love to hear your scathing review though haha


message 35: by McCaid (new)

McCaid Paul I want to know what you think!


message 36: by Diane (new)

Diane Seriously disappointed in this book. Behind Her Eyes blew me away & then we get this? Sigh...


message 37: by booksbyaliven (new)

booksbyaliven I have come to the conclusion that this author is not for me. In her attempt to make the story really difficult to guess she make the story just...not interesting. For me at least.


back to top