Alex ♈’s review of The Major's Welcome Home > Likes and Comments

69 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessy (new)

Jessy Oh no, "daddy" is a total turnoff for me! I don't understand how it could not be, given that is referencing your father (or a father figure in general, at least). :/


message 2: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ Jessy wrote: "Oh no, "daddy" is a total turnoff for me! I don't understand how it could not be, given that is referencing your father (or a father figure in general, at least). :/"

Ditto! It was such a great book! And then like OTT WTF --- daddy... ugh! Can't stand it. I love and respect my father! To each his own, but please no daddy-kink for me!


message 3: by Kiki (new)

Kiki Me: 😶🔫💣🔪


Tianna✸loves books✸ Perfect Review, Alex !
On my TBR now😉


message 5: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ Kiki wrote: "Me: 😶🔫💣🔪"

Try this 🍸🍹🍷🍾🥂, it helps 😍


message 6: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ Tianna✸loves books✸ wrote: "Perfect Review, Alex !
On my TBR now😉"


Thank you, Tianna! 😁


message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma Hero's answer for spanking is “I don’t lay hands on women”! I would've loved him, but "daddy" is worst. I just hope CR's authors would leave this creepy kink fo BDSM books.


 Leo (Queen of the Rants) Poor Kiki. 😘


message 10: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ Emma wrote: "Hero's answer for spanking is “I don’t lay hands on women”! I would've loved him, but "daddy" is worst. I just hope CR's authors would leave this creepy kink fo BDSM books."

It wasn't BDSM-themed, Emma, and maybe because this daddy-line came totally unexpected and didn't fit at all... However they don't write an experienced heroine often, so I want to support it! 😊


message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma Alex ♈ wrote: "Emma wrote: "Hero's answer for spanking is “I don’t lay hands on women”! I would've loved him, but "daddy" is worst. I just hope CR's authors would leave this creepy kink fo BDSM books."

It wasn't..."


I know it's not BDSM, i meant to say to leave the kink to its own authors... Experienced heroines however, are always a refreshing change that should have been the norm.


message 12: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ Emma wrote: "Alex ♈ wrote: "Emma wrote: "Hero's answer for spanking is “I don’t lay hands on women”! I would've loved him, but "daddy" is worst. I just hope CR's authors would leave this creepy kink fo BDSM boo..."

Lol, I understand. Totally agree with you that we need more experienced heroines. It's 2018! Women like and enjoy sex! 😉


message 13: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ Shh...I'm Reading!!! wrote: "My face is stuck in a permanent cringe now 😬"

Lol, thanks! 😊😉😁


Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Always love stats in reviews ;) Awesome review, Alex! Glad this was a good read for you - and that roles reversed aspect sounds fucking amazing and I need to read this now!!!


message 15: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Always love stats in reviews ;) Awesome review, Alex! Glad this was a good read for you - and that roles reversed aspect sounds fucking amazing and I need to read this now!!!"

Thanks, Alex!
I'm well known for promoting sexually experienced women, coz women love sex and it's great, so I even overlooked (or better said overdrunk daddy sh*t). I hope you'll enjoy it if you decide to read it!


message 16: by Aurelia (new)

Aurelia Great review Alex! And I love when I find a book with a strong experienced heroine, which sadly rarely if ever happens. And then add the virgin hero😉I wish there were more books with this trope or you know at least a heroine with sexual experience instead of all these inexperienced virgin doormats that are so popular. And I totally get what you mean about daddy kink, ugh🤮And honestly I'm a pretty open person and I don't get uncomfortable very easily but when it comes to daddy kink...


message 17: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ Aurelia wrote: "Great review Alex! And I love when I find a book with a strong experienced heroine, which sadly rarely if ever happens. And then add the virgin hero😉I wish there were more books with this trope or ..."

Lol, thanks, Aurelia! I always happy to find out there are many female readers, who like their heroines real and not frozen-for-centuries-virgins. Nothing wrong with virgins per se, but they 'allow' a man to have experience and 'pimp' female innocence. Yeah, not a trope for me. 21st century, ladies and gentlemen, the genders are equal! 😉😎


message 18: by PointedlyBlunt (new)

PointedlyBlunt Not feeling the daddy stuff, but I have to read it simply for the lack of double standards. Awesome review, Alex!


message 19: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ PointedlyBlunt wrote: "Not feeling the daddy stuff, but I have to read it simply for the lack of double standards. Awesome review, Alex!"

Thank you, P!
Happy reading! 😊🙂😎😁


message 20: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Great review, Alex! I agree.. having read the "daddy " part made my eyes roll. 😅


message 21: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ Chelsea wrote: "Great review, Alex! I agree.. having read the "daddy " part made my eyes roll. 😅"

Thanks, Chelsea! I was like WTF???? WTF???? 🤣🤣🤣


message 22: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Exactly! It would've been great but then "daddy? " eww 😁


message 23: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ Chelsea wrote: "Exactly! It would've been great but then "daddy? " eww 😁"

It was so unexpected and totally unnecessary... I think I would habe been less surprised, if he had turned out to be an alien 🤖


message 24: by Dilek VT (new)

Dilek VT Awesome review, hun. And thank you for the warning. I just don't get it. If you love your dad, it should be a big "No". If you hate your dad, it should be a big "No". I just don't understand this daddy kink... Gross!


message 25: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ Dilek VT wrote: "Awesome review, hun. And thank you for the warning. I just don't get it. If you love your dad, it should be a big "No". If you hate your dad, it should be a big "No". I just don't understand this d..."

Thanks, Dilek!
My thoughts exactly! 🤨


message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I felt the same way. Without the daddy references I would have given it 5 stars too.


message 27: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ Sarah wrote: "I felt the same way. Without the daddy references I would have given it 5 stars too."

I find daddy kink or any daddy reference in romantic or/and sexual relationship weird and disrespectful toward father figure in general.
Agree with you, there should be a clear warning to every story with this trope.
Hope your next read will be better, Sarah! 🙂


message 28: by Neha (new)

Neha I am gonna read it just because "you" my most trustworthy reference did. I hope it will get me out of my terrible book funk!


message 29: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ Neha wrote: "I am gonna read it just because "you" my most trustworthy reference did. I hope it will get me out of my terrible book funk!"

I hope you'll enjoy it, Neha.
I gave up any hope to find smth worth among CR books...


back to top