Miranda’s review of The Selection (The Selection, #1) > Likes and Comments

434 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Nicer review, I actually had it as The Bachelor meets The Hunger Games. LOL


message 2: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Carrie wrote: "Nicer review, I actually had it as The Bachelor meets The Hunger Games. LOL"

I was debating that comparison...but ultimately, no catfights ended in death :P


message 3: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Miranda wrote: "Carrie wrote: "Nicer review, I actually had it as The Bachelor meets The Hunger Games. LOL"

I was debating that comparison...but ultimately, no catfights ended in death :P"


True but the world was pretty much the same type of separation as the districts with each doing certain jobs and the higher the numbers being the wealthier. Take away the death from that setting and add in the dating of the Bachelor and you have the Selection. :)


message 4: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ But the real question is, Team Maven or Team Aspen? LOL


message 5: by Aina (new)

Aina Winky Great review, I was debating whether to read or not this book for the longest time. Some of my friends love it and some hate it.


Angela's Booked These books make me so happy. Even though you know what's going to happen in the end, the way the author gets to that point is fun and entertaining. Plus, the banter; you can never go wrong with good banter- it's totes my fave :)


message 7: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Carrie wrote: "True but the world was pretty much the same type of separation as the districts with each doing certain jobs and the higher the "

Ahhh... good point. You win :p


message 8: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Maica wrote: "But the real question is, Team Maven or Team Aspen? LOL"

As much as i adore apsen.... I've read enough YA love triangles to know how this plays out. It's always gonna be the Prince


message 9: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Aina wrote: "Great review, I was debating whether to read or not this book for the longest time. Some of my friends love it and some hate it."

Honestly, it's a fun series but not a life changing one. Good for a rainy day


message 10: by Miranda (last edited May 19, 2018 09:29PM) (new)

Miranda Reads Angela's Booked wrote: "These books make me so happy. Even though you know what's going to happen in the end, the way the author gets to that point is fun and entertaining. Plus, the banter; you can never go wrong with go..."

You and your banter :p I'm still waiting for book 2. How are the novels following the main series?


Jen/The Tolkien Gal/ジェニファー Lovely review, Miranda. I was still on the fence about this one but I think I'll give it a go.


message 12: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review, Miranda!


message 13: by Julia (new)

Julia Ash Your review has me intrigued! I love when there is banter between the love interests! Great review, Miranda :)


message 14: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Jennifer (Jen) wrote: "Lovely review, Miranda. I was still on the fence about this one but I think I'll give it a go."

Woohoo ;)


message 15: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Deanna wrote: "Great review, Miranda!"
Thank you!


message 16: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Julia wrote: "Your review has me intrigued! I love when there is banter between the love interests! Great review, Miranda :)"

Thanks 😊😊😊


message 17: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila Great review Miranda! These books always work when you need a quick light read. Even though I balled my eyes out in the third book lol :P


message 18: by Reynita (new)

Reynita Maharani ★ The Night Reader ★ Great review! *thumbs up*


message 19: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Fuzaila wrote: "Great review Miranda! These books always work when you need a quick light read. Even though I balled my eyes out in the third book lol :P"

Oh no. Now I'm scared to continue!


message 20: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Reynita wrote: "Great review! *thumbs up*"

Thank you!


message 21: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila Miranda wrote: "Fuzaila wrote: "Great review Miranda! These books always work when you need a quick light read. Even though I balled my eyes out in the third book lol :P"

Oh no. Now I'm scared to continue!"


Don't be. But I'd really suggest you stop after the 3rd book. I mean, after that, it just gets a gender-bent twist.


message 22: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Hmmm... Thanks for the heads up :)


message 23: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ *facepalm* I just realized that I said Maven instead of Maxon. As you can see, War Storm's release really jumbled my brain xD Sorry for any confusion!


message 24: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads I got what you meant :p Maven, Maxon...close enough


message 25: by Tonya (new)

Tonya That is hilarious on the accents.. I have not listened to the audiobooks, but you are right...doesn't sound like they planned ahead. Great view, thanks! :)


message 26: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Yeah....listening to it really threw me off. Still a fun book though!


message 27: by KReads24 (new)

KReads24 These are my exact thoughts on this book! I read it a few years ago and kind of despised the main character (she gets worse), but there was something so addicting about reading them. Great review!


message 28: by Sydney (new)

Sydney B Great review! I've read the series and would recommend finishing it, only because the One (book 3) is so good! The Elite is OK, its just kinda one of those in-the-middle-boring-ish books :)


message 29: by Sydney (new)

Sydney B And I just need to ask- did you intentionally make your username funny? You probably did, and if so, its AMAZING!!


message 30: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads KReads24 wrote: "These are my exact thoughts on this book! I read it a few years ago and kind of despised the main character (she gets worse), but there was something so addicting about reading them. Great review!"

Sometimes you just *need* a book like this :P


message 31: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Sydney wrote: "Great review! I've read the series and would recommend finishing it, only because the One (book 3) is so good! The Elite is OK, its just kinda one of those in-the-middle-boring-ish books :)"

Definitely agree that the Elite is a *meh* book. It didnt really add much...and it took SO LONG to get the point across. Very frustrating to read!

Sydney wrote: "And I just need to ask- did you intentionally make your username funny? You probably did, and if so, its AMAZING!!"

LOL - yes. Took me forever to pick out the username :)


message 32: by Anaya (new)

Anaya fantastic review


message 33: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Great review, Miranda! I liked the book but I didn't love it because the world building made such little sense and the interactions between the girls wasn't explored enough for me.


message 34: by Julia971 (new)

Julia971 Thanks for this review ! :)

The "unpure girls"?
What about Aspen? Quickly forgotten?


message 35: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Anaya wrote: "fantastic review"

Thank you!


message 36: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Trisha wrote: "Great review, Miranda! I liked the book but I didn't love it because the world building made such little sense and the interactions between the girls wasn't explored enough for me."

Yes! I agree so much!! I was so close to liking the book!


message 37: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Julia971 wrote: "Thanks for this review ! :)

The "unpure girls"?
What about Aspen? Quickly forgotten?"


Exactly. It's super annoying!


message 38: by Trisha (new)

Trisha I keep debating if I want to read the other books or not!


message 39: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Gonzalez Oh well, got me interested on reading the book.


message 40: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Trisha wrote: "I keep debating if I want to read the other books or not!"

Mmmmm... this one is (by far) the best, so decide based on how much you like #1!


message 41: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Jessica wrote: "Oh well, got me interested on reading the book."

Give it a shot then :)


message 42: by Janett (new)

Janett Nice review. I love this series! The first 3 books anyway. I agree that Kiera's research was lacking especially in simple things like calling Maxon "Majesty" which is improper for a Prince. I also found that she struggled with the politicking. This series could've been way better had she taken the extra effort to do better research.
I believe the reason why Clarkson decided on the timing to hold the Selection is explained in book #2.


message 43: by Nora… (new)

Nora… and... another book for my tbr


message 44: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Janett wrote: "Nice review. I love this series! The first 3 books anyway. I agree that Kiera's research was lacking especially in simple things like calling Maxon "Majesty" which is improper for a Prince. I also ..."

That's a good point!


message 45: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Nora… wrote: "and... another book for my tbr"

Haha, the never-ending tbr!


message 46: by Bunny (new)

Bunny Cass saw a bandwagon and hopped on it. It's sad, really.


message 47: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Reads Bunny wrote: "Cass saw a bandwagon and hopped on it. It's sad, really."

LOL yes. She saw a bandwagon coming her way and took full advantage of it


message 48: by Bunny (new)

Bunny Reminds of the Twilight craze from back in the day (2005 feels like a thousand years ago) and everyone and their grandma decided to make a story about a girl having a love affair with a vamp, a werewolf, an angel, or a blob monster. Nah, I have Vampire Academy and The Vampire Diaries, thank you kindly.


back to top