kari’s review of Silence (Hush, Hush, #3) > Likes and Comments

50 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KJ Shadows (new)

KJ Shadows great review :) good to see similar views on the series! have you read daughter of smoke & bone?


message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca I couldn't get through the first book in this series. It was just too stupid. You should get a medal for reading all three.


message 3: by kari (new)

kari ♡ K J Shadows ♡ wrote: "great review :) good to see similar views on the series! have you read daughter of smoke & bone?"

I have Daughter of Smoke and Bone on my TBR. Please tell me it's good. Or I'm removing it since it's a series start and I really can't do any more of these and it's so hard to stop myself once I start.


message 4: by kari (new)

kari Rebecca wrote: "I couldn't get through the first book in this series. It was just too stupid. You should get a medal for reading all three."

Aww thanks. Not sure if I should get a medal or a kick in the head for stupidity LOL


message 5: by Maude (new)

Maude Lawler Loved this review. I liked HH because I thought Nora was so practical and normal, and then Crescendo comes along and I couldn't believe that it was the same character!! Good to know she's exactly the same in Silence. I appreciate you taking one for the team so I don't have to torture myself, lol :)


message 6: by kari (new)

kari Thanks. You are most welcome. I kept hoping it would get better, but sadly, no.


message 7: by Nina Gayle (new)

Nina Gayle Enjoyed reading your review. Very true and very entertaining.


message 8: by kari (new)

kari Nina Gayle wrote: "Enjoyed reading your review. Very true and very entertaining."

Aw, thanks!


message 9: by Clarissa (new)

Clarissa Once again, you have saved me from reading a book that will make me want to hit my own head. Thank you. You really are doing a great service to readers everywhere.


message 10: by kari (new)

kari Clarissa wrote: "Once again, you have saved me from reading a book that will make me want to hit my own head. Thank you. You really are doing a great service to readers everywhere."

Thanks. Glad the review is helpful.


message 11: by Flora (Ludacris) (new)

Flora (Ludacris) I know. And there goes my hatred for this type of female protagonists. They irk me out. Like a lot. *Sighs* Help!! I'm feeling strangled. :/


message 12: by kari (new)

kari MyNameIsFloRa-NiCe (Vengeance is Sweet) wrote: "I know. And there goes my hatred for this type of female protagonists. They irk me out. Like a lot. *Sighs* Help!! I'm feeling strangled. :/"

Yep, a thoroughly stupid female protagonist, no redeeming qualities, other than her enduring love for Patch, if that is positive which I don't think it is.


message 13: by Flora (Ludacris) (new)

Flora (Ludacris) kari wrote: "MyNameIsFloRa-NiCe (Vengeance is Sweet) wrote: "I know. And there goes my hatred for this type of female protagonists. They irk me out. Like a lot. *Sighs* Help!! I'm feeling strangled. :/"

Yep, a..."


Actually, to be completely honest, like a Candor, *smirks* I don't think she actually love Patch either. Or does she? *ponders* Is Patch love for her genuine too? It's so tedious and tough to decipher the truth, since they're all so good an actor. Ack! *frustrated again*


message 14: by kari (new)

kari This is a case again where they merely "see" each other and are in love, not they get to know one another, find they have common interests or even have normal conversations. No, he wants or needs to kill her and she just finds that so incredibly intriguing. Really? Some guy wanting to kill her makes her want him? I don't get that at all, thankfully.


message 15: by Caroline (new)

Caroline I love your reviews. I read some very bad reviews of the first book so decided not to read it. I hate when crappy books/series like this get published just because the YA literature market is such a hot one right now (or I assume that's a big reason). It almost seems there's more crappy YA than quality. >:[


message 16: by kari (new)

kari Caroline wrote: "I love your reviews. I read some very bad reviews of the first book so decided not to read it. I hate when crappy books/series like this get published just because the YA literature market is such ..."

YOu are so right. And the series have become terribly formulaic, all copying the Twilight arc. First book is meet and isntant attraction, second book they must break for for whatever reason, by the third book there is another love interest. And by the unfortunate fourth book, the entire mess falls to bits.
Most of these series would never have been published if YA weren't so popular right now that poorly written and poorly edited junk is just filling the shelves. The good stuff is all but lost in the pile.


message 17: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Seems the market got red hot right after the Twilight saga took off. Don't you think? Or was it earlier? You have read far more YA than I have.


message 18: by kari (new)

kari Yes, it is. There are some really great YA authors and some not so much.


message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah I feel a bit of déjà vu rolling through me here, because honestly you have my opinion nailed to a tee in this review.


message 20: by kari (last edited Dec 03, 2012 10:33AM) (new)

kari Hannah wrote: "I feel a bit of déjà vu rolling through me here, because honestly you have my opinion nailed to a tee in this review."

Thanks. This book was so disappointing and I should have known better. Correction: I did know better but I read it anyway. ☺


message 21: by Bijon (new)

Bijon I absolutely loved the first two books and have not read this one yet. However I am going to eventually read. And although I love this series, you review had me cracking up laughing. You are really hilarious and this review put a small smile on my face. Hopefully, the book is not as bad as you say because I had my fingers crossed on that one.


message 22: by kari (new)

kari Thank you. I do hope you like it. Could be that it just didn't strike me right.


message 23: by Madeline (new)

Madeline How does nora fall in love with in this book? Patch or the other guy, i really don't see the point in the other guy.


message 24: by kari (new)

kari Madeline wrote: "How does nora fall in love with in this book? Patch or the other guy, i really don't see the point in the other guy."

She falls back in love with Jev/Patch or remembers that she loves him. Scott is a waste of time in this book as well as the second one.


message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Thanks for the review. I just finished off Crescendo and happy to know that nothing more happens after the Clift hanger as Nora conveniently looses her memory. Now I know I'm not missing anything by not finishing this series. Like seriously Scott comes back! Wouldn't the police know!


message 26: by kari (new)

kari Amanda wrote: "Thanks for the review. I just finished off Crescendo and happy to know that nothing more happens after the Clift hanger as Nora conveniently looses her memory. Now I know I'm not missing anything b..."

You are very welcome. This series is just a waste of time and I know because I wasted my time in reading it. ☺
Thanks for the comment.


back to top