Dana’s review of Salvage the Bones > Likes and Comments

49 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen I'm liking that 4.5!


message 2: by Dana (new)

Dana Jen wrote: "I'm liking that 4.5!"

It was a very moving and powerful book! I hope you get the chance to read it.


message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Magnificent review. I read this one years ago and still remember how good it was. Glad you liked it.


message 4: by Dana (last edited Mar 16, 2018 01:11PM) (new)

Dana Jennifer wrote: "Magnificent review. I read this one years ago and still remember how good it was. Glad you liked it."

Thanks, Jennifer! You were actually the person that mentioned this book to me...so I asked the group if they wanted to read it. I should have given you credit for that! Thank you for leading me to a great story that will stay with me for a long time.


message 5: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Wonderful review Dana. Eek about the animal scenes :(. Glad you enjoyed this despite that!


message 6: by Dana (new)

Dana Thanks, Kendall! Loving dogs, I could have gone without them, but I did enjoy the book.


message 7: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Good to see the high rating. I have made it to chapter 8 and so far I am really liking it. I have not gotten to the dog fight yet. I will have to see if I can read it or need to skim. I am hoping to finish the weekend.


Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Wonderful review, Dana! You highlighted the beauty in this book! I had to abandon it myself on audio because of the dog/puppy parts. It was too hard to skip over. But I value what you said about the message. I love pit bulls without question just like any other dog, but I know they are vilified many times. Absolutely loved your review.


message 9: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Dana, a fantastic review . I read this quite while ago and was as moved as you were .


Lindsay - Traveling Sister Wonderful review Dana! I’m so glad you enjoyed this so much. 😊💕💜


message 11: by Dana (new)

Dana Melanie wrote: "Good to see the high rating. I have made it to chapter 8 and so far I am really liking it. I have not gotten to the dog fight yet. I will have to see if I can read it or need to skim. I am hoping t..."

That was the chapter I skimmed, Melanie! I was going to wait for you, but didn’t see you have it listed as started...and once I started back, couldn’t put it down. I look forward to your thoughts!


message 12: by Dana (new)

Dana Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "Wonderful review, Dana! You highlighted the beauty in this book! I had to abandon it myself on audio because of the dog/puppy parts. It was too hard to skip over. But I value what you said about th..."

Thanks, Jennifer! I understand you having to stop. The were some brutal parts. 😔


message 13: by Dana (new)

Dana Angela M wrote: "Dana, a fantastic review . I read this quite while ago and was as moved as you were ."

Thanks, Angela! Yes, it was a very moving book indeed.


message 14: by Dana (new)

Dana Lindsay wrote: "Wonderful review Dana! I’m so glad you enjoyed this so much. 😊💕💜"

Thanks, Lindsay! 💕


message 15: by Jaline (new)

Jaline Lovely review, Dana. I find it hard sometimes to read graphic or brutal parts in books, too. However, I am getting braver as time goes on. Sticking my head in the sand and pretending they don't happen hasn't helped the problems in the world, so I may as well try to understand the problems more fully.


Cathrine ☯️ Love your enthusiasm Dana. I decided to pass on this one because of those "horrific scenes." That's where I draw my line.


message 17: by Karen (new)

Karen Really great review Dana! I keep adding and removing this!


message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Masterson Fantastic review, Dana! I will have to pass only because of the warning. Thank you for that! ❤️


message 19: by Dana (last edited Mar 16, 2018 08:40PM) (new)

Dana Thank you, Jaline, Cathrine, Karen and Jennifer! I couldn’t stomach some of those moments, but my overall take away from the book was compassion. I’m so glad I did finally read it...but I totally understand your reservations. It certainly didn’t softening me to animal fighting, nor did I feel any compassion around that. I still feel as strongly against it as I originally did. There was a very strong bond between the young boy and the dog that was very moving, but the fighting could have been left out. I guess it was a part of the author’s life that she felt important to write about. I feel this book was about so much more than that, and so beautifully written, but I did debate on rounding up or down for that.....


message 20: by Candi (new)

Candi Excellent review, Dana! This one is on my list :)


message 21: by Esil (new)

Esil Lovely review, Dana. I need to get to this one.


message 22: by Dana (new)

Dana Thanks, Candi and Esil! I look forward to your thoughts if you get to it!


message 23: by JanB (new)

JanB Dana, I will be back to read your review when I finish mine - but I do have to say I am so glad we were able to read this together. Wonderful discussion!


message 24: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Beautiful, compassionate and thought-provoking review. I couldn't get past the goat scene in Sing, Unburied, Sing, so this would definitely scar me for life.


message 25: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Excellent review!!!


message 26: by Dana (new)

Dana JanB wrote: "Dana, I will be back to read your review when I finish mine - but I do have to say I am so glad we were able to read this together. Wonderful discussion!"


I enjoyed it, too, Jan!


message 27: by Dana (new)

Dana Victoria wrote: "Beautiful, compassionate and thought-provoking review. I couldn't get past the goat scene in Sing, Unburied, Sing, so this would definitely scar me for life."

Thank you, Victoria! Yes, it might be best if you skipped this one if SUS was tough. There are some tough scenes. 😔


message 28: by Dana (new)

Dana Deanna wrote: "Excellent review!!!"

Thanks, Dee! :)


message 29: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Wonderful review, Dana, I can't wait to read this one, myself.


back to top