Susanne ’s review of An American Marriage > Likes and Comments

102 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie I look forward to your review. I have this on my TBR.


message 2: by PorshaJo (new)

PorshaJo I'm reading this too - and I see so many others are also. I hope you love it!


message 3: by KAS (new)

KAS Awesome review, Susan ;) Glad this book did resonate with you despite not liking the characters! xoxo


Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Absolutely fanTASTIC review, Susanne! I always find it so interesting when characters are unlikable, untrustworthy, unreliable...it almost feels like a challenge for the story itself to shine even brighter. But I’ve loved so many books where I’ve detested it’s characters. It almost feels liberating! Lol.
Glad you enjoyed this Oprah special. I look forward to it 😊


message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen Great review, Susanne!


message 6: by *TUDOR^QUEEN* (new)

*TUDOR^QUEEN* Very good review, Suzanne :-)


message 7: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Great review Susanne! Glad you enjoyed this one!🤗💕


message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen Great review Susanne! I’m really glad you liked this!


message 9: by Svetlana (new)

Svetlana an excellent review Susanne! 👌🏽👌🏽


message 10: by PorshaJo (new)

PorshaJo Great review Susanne! I liked this one too!


message 11: by Angela M (new)

Angela M And a compelling review, Susanne. On my nightstand!


message 12: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette Great review Susanne!


Norma * Traveling Sister Awesome review, Susanne! :-)


Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Wonderful review, Susanne! I can’t wait to read this one and am so happy you enjoyed it!


message 15: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Jeannie wrote: "I look forward to your review. I have this on my TBR."

I truly look forward to your thoughts Jeannie! This will stay with me for a while!


message 16: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong PorshaJo wrote: "I'm reading this too - and I see so many others are also. I hope you love it!"

So glad to see that you liked it to PorshaJo!! Makes me so happy!! :)


message 17: by Susanne (last edited May 13, 2018 06:57PM) (new)

Susanne  Strong KAS wrote: "Awesome review, Susan ;) Glad this book did resonate with you despite not liking the characters! xoxo"

Thanks KAS!


message 18: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Kristin (KC) wrote: "Absolutely fanTASTIC review, Susanne! I always find it so interesting when characters are unlikable, untrustworthy, unreliable...it almost feels like a challenge for the story itself to shine even ..."

Thanks Kristin! I too think it’s interesting and surprising - when I like a book but don’t like the characters.. it’s fairly rare and is a feat for the author!! I think I can count the number of books where this has happened on two hands!
I know you have this to read soon - can’t wait for your thoughts!


message 19: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Svetlana wrote: "an excellent review Susanne! 👌🏽👌🏽"

Thanks Svetlana!


message 20: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Jen wrote: "Great review, Susanne!"

Thanks Jen!


message 21: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong *TUDOR^QUEEN* wrote: "Very good review, Suzanne :-)"

Thanks!


message 22: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Kaceey wrote: "Great review Susanne! Glad you enjoyed this one!🤗💕"

Thanks Kaceey!


message 23: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Karen wrote: "Great review Susanne! I’m really glad you liked this!"

Thanks Karen!


message 24: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Angela M wrote: "And a compelling review, Susanne. On my nightstand!"

YEAH! I’m so excited for you to read this one Angela - I know your review will be poignant and thought provoking regardless! :)


message 25: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Bernadette wrote: "Great review Susanne!"

Thank you Bernadette!


message 26: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Norma wrote: "Awesome review, Susanne! :-)"

THanks Norma!


message 27: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "Wonderful review, Susanne! I can’t wait to read this one and am so happy you enjoyed it!"

Thanks Jennifer! Can’t wait for you to read this one also. I have a feeling you will love it!


message 28: by Brandice (new)

Brandice Great review, Susanne! I disliked both characters at various points in the story but the story itself was so good and compelling, I still loved it! :)


message 29: by JanB (new)

JanB Beautiful review Susanne! My BOTM copy is still sitting here unread, but hopefully not for long. I’m even more excited to read it now 😊


message 30: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Brandice wrote: "Great review, Susanne! I disliked both characters at various points in the story but the story itself was so good and compelling, I still loved it! :)"

Glad to see that I wasn't alone here Brandice! So interesting that it can happen sometimes!


message 31: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong JanB wrote: "Beautiful review Susanne! My BOTM copy is still sitting here unread, but hopefully not for long. I’m even more excited to read it now 😊"

I can't wait for your thoughts on this Jan! Thanks so much!


message 32: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Love your review, Susanne, and loved the book. You captured its essence well!


message 33: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Debbie wrote: "Love your review, Susanne, and loved the book. You captured its essence well!"

Thank you so much Debbie!


message 34: by Larry (new)

Larry H Terrific review, Susanne! I really enjoyed this one. Glad it worked for you!!


message 35: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Fabulous review, Susanne, this book was such a wonderful surprise for me, and I'm so glad that you enjoyed it so much!


message 36: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Larry wrote: "Terrific review, Susanne! I really enjoyed this one. Glad it worked for you!!"

So glad you loved this one too Larry! It was really interesting and really left me with something to ponder!


message 37: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Cheri wrote: "Fabulous review, Susanne, this book was such a wonderful surprise for me, and I'm so glad that you enjoyed it so much!"

Thank you! So glad you found something special about it also Cheri! I found it to be so unexpected.. so well done.


message 38: by Holly (new)

Holly  B I haven't read this one yet, So happy you enjoyed Susanne!!


message 39: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Masterson Fantastic review, Susanne!


message 40: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Wonderful review, Susanne! Glad you enjoyed!


message 41: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Holly wrote: "I haven't read this one yet, So happy you enjoyed Susanne!!"

Thank you Ms. Holly!


message 42: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Jennifer wrote: "Fantastic review, Susanne!"

Thanks Jennifer!


message 43: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Meredith wrote: "Wonderful review, Susanne! Glad you enjoyed!"

Thanks Meredith! Glad you loved it too!


message 44: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Ansbro A book full of unlikeable characters, Susanne? That's not a recipe for success.
Superb, characterful review, though!


message 45: by Fran (new)

Fran Awesome review, Susanne!


message 46: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Kevin wrote: "A book full of unlikeable characters, Susanne? That's not a recipe for success.
Superb, characterful review, though!"


LOL Kevin! Who would have thought?! Thanks.


message 47: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Fran wrote: "Awesome review, Susanne!"

Thanks Fran!


message 48: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Fabulous review, Susanne.


back to top