David’s review of Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams > Likes and Comments

90 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frank (new)

Frank So does this mean that a good night of sleep can REALLY improve our intellect and how we feel physically?


message 2: by David (new)

David The book doesn't exactly say that, Frank. It says that if your sleep is insufficient, even for a single night, your intellect and physical condition suffers enormously.


message 3: by Kalliope (new)

Kalliope This book sounds like it will not make the reader fall asleep. Too interesting.


message 4: by Kismet (new)

Kismet Inn Thank you for your thorough review. I am looking for a good book on sleep, I will definitely read this one.


message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark Mortensen It sounds like an occasional well deserved nap may also be powerful.


message 6: by Brandi (new)

Brandi D'angelo I enjoyed your review very much. What program do you use to listen to books? I have never done that but it sounds promising.


message 7: by Tony (new)

Tony Scary. Now I can't sleep.


message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason Coleman "I highly recommend it to everyone who sleeps."

Funny.


message 9: by David (new)

David Brandi wrote: "I enjoyed your review very much. What program do you use to listen to books? I have never done that but it sounds promising."

Brandi, usually I listen to audio books on my Android cell phone, using an app called Smart Audiobook Player. You can try it out for 30 days, and if you want to continue using it, there is a $2 charge.


message 10: by Brandi (new)

Brandi D'angelo Thanks- I'm going to try it out! David wrote: "Brandi wrote: "I enjoyed your review very much. What program do you use to listen to books? I have never done that but it sounds promising."

Brandi, usually I listen to audio books on my Android c..."



message 11: by Petr (new)

Petr I had basically the same experience from reading this book. I read it early this year and since then I always have at least 7 hours (before I went with 5-6 almost everyday...). The consequences are really scary!

*Kalliope wrote: "This book sounds like it will not make the reader fall asleep. Too interesting."*
This is funny, in introduction author himself allows 'falling asleep' over this book as it will be beneficial for your health :)

*Mark Mortensen wrote: "It sounds like an occasional well deserved nap may also be powerful."*
This is also covered in the book. Main point is: as long as such naps are not making you sleep (fall asleep) worse during night, it is good! ;)


message 12: by Jose (new)

Jose Nice review David; we share the same point on reading science books written by scientists. Will for sure look into this one.


message 13: by David (new)

David Thanks, Jose!


message 14: by Mirjam (new)

Mirjam Thank you for your review David!
It makes me think that this book maybe isn't for me. I don't wanna feel anxious and guilty about missing sleep from time to time


message 15: by David (new)

David Mirjam,
You are quite right--having read the book, I do start to feel guilty when I have missed my standard amount of sleep!


back to top