Steven’s review of A Room with a View > Likes and Comments

129 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Will (new)

Will Ansbacher Lovely review, Steven


message 2: by William (new)

William Rose Excellent, Steven!. You may also find 'Howards End' well worth reading.


message 3: by Steven (new)

Steven Godin Will wrote: "Lovely review, Steven"

Thanks Will.


message 4: by Steven (new)

Steven Godin William wrote: "Excellent, Steven!. You may also find 'Howards End' well worth reading."

I am sure to read this some time in the not too distant future.
Thanks.


message 5: by W.D. (new)

W.D. Clarke Excellent, Steven! Been quite a while for me with this one, thanks for revivifying fond memories.


message 6: by Ken (new)

Ken You're a brave man, Steven! I was scared off Forster in college when I was Bataan Death-Marched through Passage to India (I think is the title... I still have the scars).


message 7: by Steven (new)

Steven Godin W.D. wrote: "Excellent, Steven! Been quite a while for me with this one, thanks for revivifying fond memories."

Great!, can't beat those good old fond memories...


message 8: by Steven (new)

Steven Godin Ken wrote: "You're a brave man, Steven! I was scared off Forster in college when I was Bataan Death-Marched through Passage to India (I think is the title... I still have the scars)."

Yikes!, that doesn't sound good, I had a similar experience with Enid Blyton in primary school, when I had no interest in books whatsoever.


message 9: by Candi (new)

Candi An excellent review, Steven. You have reminded me of my goal to get back to Forster and re-read some of his work. I was assigned Forster in a literature course in high school and read through 5 of his novels, this being one of them. I enjoyed his writing at the time, but have been meaning to take a look again with more 'mature' eyes. I'm glad you enjoyed this one.


message 10: by Steven (last edited Nov 17, 2017 08:55AM) (new)

Steven Godin What is it about about Forster and college/high school?
Oh well, glad you enjoyed him! I will certainly read more of his work.
Thanks.


message 11: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Helena Bonham-Carter did a grand job in the movie, have you seen it?


message 12: by Steven (new)

Steven Godin Silvia wrote: "Helena Bonham-Carter did a grand job in the movie, have you seen it?"

I have heard good things about Merchant-Ivory films, but, off the top of my head can't think of watching a single one. Thanks for bringing it up though. I had no idea H B-C played Lucy.


message 13: by Steven (new)

Steven Godin Marita wrote: "Delightful review, Steven!"

Thanks Marita.


message 14: by Violet (new)

Violet wells The film clinched my decision to choose Florence over Paris. I must read this again soon.


message 15: by Steven (last edited Nov 19, 2017 09:20AM) (new)

Steven Godin Violet wrote: "The film clinched my decision to choose Florence over Paris. I must read this again soon."

I think period films always work better when adapted from a classic book. Look forward to watching this soon.

On Florence, you do have the added benefit of being safer from terrorism.


message 16: by Lars (new)

Lars Jerlach Great review Steven.


message 17: by Steven (new)

Steven Godin Lars wrote: "Great review Steven."

Cheers, Lars.


message 18: by Czarny (new)

Czarny Pies Your charming review brought back great memories of having read the book myself. I hope you have seen the movie with Helena Bonham-Carter.


message 19: by Steven (new)

Steven Godin Czarny wrote: "Your charming review brought back great memories of having read the book myself. I hope you have seen the movie with Helena Bonham-Carter."

The film is a top priority! thanks for the reminder.


message 20: by Steven (new)

Steven Godin Patti wrote: "Awesome review Steven!"

Thanks Patti.


back to top