Esil’s review of Results May Vary > Likes and Comments

53 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bianca (new)

Bianca I need a big dose of light lit, but it's got to be good and not get on my nerves. Sorry this didn't work for you. I'm sure you'll have better luck with the next one.


message 2: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne It's hard when you want yo stick with it and the regret! Never mind Esil, onto the next ;)


message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey Dang, I have a copy sitting on my shelf here to read ASAP. It's one of those paperbacks that isn't fully bound with the plastic sheeting on front. And the lines are double spaced out. And I'm a bit worried that it'll be difficult enough to get through in formatting alone. Haha. Great review though.


message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie I won't allow fluffy in the house so I was never going to read this even without your review!


message 5: by Esil (new)

Esil Bianca wrote: "I need a big dose of light lit, but it's got to be good and not get on my nerves. Sorry this didn't work for you. I'm sure you'll have better luck with the next one."

Thanks Bianca. I like the occasional light sentimental read, but it's hard to find books that fit that description that aren't too formulaic. That's probably why I tend to resort to mysteries for lighter reads.


message 6: by Esil (new)

Esil Suzanne wrote: "It's hard when you want yo stick with it and the regret! Never mind Esil, onto the next ;)"

Thanks Suzanne. Sometimes I'm happily surprised when I stick it out, so I do find it hard to stop reading a book I've started.


message 7: by Esil (new)

Esil Chelsea wrote: "Dang, I have a copy sitting on my shelf here to read ASAP. It's one of those paperbacks that isn't fully bound with the plastic sheeting on front. And the lines are double spaced out. And I'm a bit..."
Thanks Chelsea. Hopefully you like it more than I did. Many reviewers did. It is a fast read, although that sounds like an awkward format :)


message 8: by Esil (new)

Esil Katie wrote: "I won't allow fluffy in the house so I was never going to read this even without your review!"

Lol Katie. I like the occasional fluff, but I'm definitely a bit finicky about what works and doesn't work.


message 9: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Sorry , it didn't work for you , Esil. I must have missed it and never requested it . I'm sure you have some good ones lined up . Hope the next one is better.


message 10: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ Loved the cover but I passed on this one. Glad I did, a little fluffy is okay but after reading your review glad I did.


message 11: by Esil (new)

Esil Angela M wrote: "Sorry , it didn't work for you , Esil. I must have missed it and never requested it . I'm sure you have some good ones lined up . Hope the next one is better."

Thanks Angela. Just starting The Invisible Life of Ivan Isianko, which seems promising. And best of all, I'm just starting a 3 week vacation. Can you see my happy dance? :)


message 12: by Esil (new)

Esil Diane S ☔ wrote: "Loved the cover but I passed on this one. Glad I did, a little fluffy is okay but after reading your review glad I did."

I know what you mean about the cover. I think I had higher expectations partially based on the cover, and also her previous book.


message 13: by Arah-Lynda (new)

Arah-Lynda Fluff with meat on the bones? Makes perfect sense to me. Honest, hard won review Esil.


message 14: by Jen (new)

Jen I can without fluff. My preferences have changed over the last few years and fluff actually irritates me. Hope your next one has less cotton and more substance. Thx Esil


message 15: by Jen (new)

Jen Can do without - I meant


message 16: by Esil (new)

Esil Arah-Lynda wrote: "Fluff with meat on the bones? Makes perfect sense to me. Honest, hard won review Esil."

Thanks Arah-Lynda, and I'm happy to know my tastes make sense to someone :)


message 17: by Esil (last edited Aug 06, 2016 06:08AM) (new)

Esil Jen wrote: "Can do without - I meant"

Thanks Jen. I know what you mean about changing tastes. I'm reading a really good absolutely not fluffy book now :)


message 18: by Julie (new)

Julie Ehlers I didn't think this was harsh at all. :) This sounds like a story line that requires skillful handling of all the emotions involved. Seems like the author didn't take that responsibility seriously. Great review and I'm glad your current book is working out better!


message 19: by Esil (new)

Esil Julie wrote: "I didn't think this was harsh at all. :) This sounds like a story line that requires skillful handling of all the emotions involved. Seems like the author didn't take that responsibility seriously...."

Thanks Julie. I think that part of the problem is that it read like fluff but may not be a subject well suited to that tone.


message 20: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Nothing worse than being in the mood for something light, summery and then finding out its just fluff - poorly written fluff!


message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Sorry this one didn't work for you. Better luck with the next book!


message 22: by Esil (new)

Esil Carolyn wrote: "Nothing worse than being in the mood for something light, summery and then finding out its just fluff - poorly written fluff!"

Indeed Carolyn! Although there seem to be plenty of people who liked it.


message 23: by Esil (new)

Esil Jennifer wrote: "Sorry this one didn't work for you. Better luck with the next book!"

Thanks Jennifer.


message 24: by Olga (last edited Aug 07, 2016 04:18AM) (new)

Olga Great review even if the book wasn't. And what a waste of a great title.


message 25: by Carol (new)

Carol I know what you mean about fluffy. I have to really pick the time.

Sorry this didn't work for you but as always you justify your comments.


message 26: by Esil (new)

Esil Carol wrote: "I know what you mean about fluffy. I have to really pick the time.

Sorry this didn't work for you but as always you justify your comments."


Thanks so much Carol. I'll have to find the right fluffy read for this summer :)


back to top