Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ ’s review of The Problem with Forever > Likes and Comments

83 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥ You know I'm so excited and nervous for you! Fingers crossed, but it is what it is! ♥


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ LMAO......Well. You warned me. *Shrugs*

Sorry, but need for a reset is more important than worrying about her stupid sayings lol


Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥ I totally did lol! But out of all of her books that you haven't read (like Titan, sigh Seth haha), I think this is the one that would work. It's very different. I can't wait to see whether this is going to be an epic win or epic fail! =D


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ That's why I'm trying!! It seems like she could really do something different with this plot!! Guess we'll find out! :D


message 5: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine OMG!!!!! Are you reading it? I hope it's great! Enjoy it, Chelsea! :D


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Aww thank you, Jasmine!! Well, actually, JLA used to be literally my favorite author. Nothing compared to her..but then she got cliche and cheesy and used the same catchphrases soooo I got over it real quick because she ruined so many books with immaturity,...BUT I love broken loyal boys sooooo here I am giving her another chance lol Whoops.


message 7: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake) wrote: "Aww thank you, Jasmine!! Well, actually, JLA used to be literally my favorite author. Nothing compared to her..but then she got cliche and cheesy and used the same catchphrases soooo I got over it ..."

Hahaha, that's great! Hehe, I can't wait for your review of this one! ;)


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Haaa I hope I like!!!


message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't wait to see what you think of this! I've never read a JLA book before, even though that Obsidian series is super hyped; good Lord. XD

Hope it gets you out of your semi-reading slump!


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Frankly???? Her Covenant series is EVERYTHING. And the first three books of Lux are just unforgettable (I didn't much like the last two even though my rating shows otherwise).

but her contemporary leaves so much to be desired-not a fan of this one so far (40%

AARGHHHH


message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura Great review, Chels! As you know, I'm the exact same when it comes to JLA, so I really feel you! Sucks that it didn't work out the way you hoped, but we'll just have to read other amazing books ;) ❤️


message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I hadn't even realized this was written by JLA!
I feel the same way about her books now, I used to really enjoy them, but now they aren't my type.

No new bbf?! Aw. They're so much harder to come about lately!

Sorry you weren't a fan of the MC. I know not loving them always takes away from the story.

Great review, Chelsea!


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Laura wrote: "Great review, Chels! As you know, I'm the exact same when it comes to JLA, so I really feel you! Sucks that it didn't work out the way you hoped, but we'll just have to read other amazing books ;) ❤️"

Oh gosh, I know.....I wanted to love it so bad. SO SO Bad. But I just can't force it anymore. It hurts, but it is what it is.

and yes-we absolutely have to...as it is, I am in a HUGE 2, 3, 3 rating spree (oops, or maybe this is huge for ME).

AGH but Rider..he was so sweet. I hated that he was stuck in this book. Blah.

Thanks, Laura! So glad you get it! :D


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Christine wrote: "I hadn't even realized this was written by JLA!
I feel the same way about her books now, I used to really enjoy them, but now they aren't my type.

No new bbf?! Aw. They're so much harder to come a..."


YES! And it's so flippin' sad. It physically HURTS. I LOVED her. She shaped my GR career, I feel. Wellllll....very early on. But whatever. Technicalities.

And hmm. He was a bbf....but not one I'll remember I guess...therefore making him not permanent. :(( He was the ONLY thing I liked about this story and that really sucks.

In the end, it was worth it, because those last two chapters made it all worth it lol

Glad I didn't DNF, I guess....

Thank you, Christina ♥


message 15: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Great review, Chelsea! I know what you mean, it's a bummer when you grow out of a favorite author. I want to give Karina Halle's new book a try, but I'm afraid I'll hate it and then feel bad about it, Lol. JLA is hit and miss for me, I've really enjoyed some of her new books, but I most definitely have my pet peeves when it comes to her writing...especially her habit of writing about darkening eyes. :)


message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I heard that the last two books of the Lux series fell short from a lot of people, actually, but that they really loved her Covenant series. :/

Sorry that you have to suffer from another 3-star book. Here's to hoping your next read is a five-star. ❤️


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Jeanne wrote: "Great review, Chelsea! I know what you mean, it's a bummer when you grow out of a favorite author. I want to give Karina Halle's new book a try, but I'm afraid I'll hate it and then feel bad about ..."

DUDE...her and Karina Halle both. The EIT series shaped my early reading days on here as well, and Sins and Needles?? CAM AGH!!!! But then her writing got...almost trashy?? I can't even.

And then JLA with her stupid 'holy crap on a cracker!' and 'holy alien babies'! SHUT UP. JUST SHUT UP.

Lol so yeah...I mean none of that was in here but I was bored, nonetheless, I guess.

Eh. Anyway.....onto my next read, I sure hope it's better than my last three :(

THANKS, Jeanne!!! ♥


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Mikaela wrote: "I heard that the last two books of the Lux series fell short from a lot of people, actually, but that they really loved her Covenant series. :/

Sorry that you have to suffer from another 3-star bo..."


Aww thanks so much, Mikaela....it is what it is, ya know?? I had SO MANY wins in a row since February I was due for a letdown sometime or another....I'm not shocked, I'm just ready to rectify!

And if not, I plan to reset and just read books I know I love, whether I've read them recently or not. That list includes the following:

Red Queen series
Talon
Darker Shade of Magic
Six of Crows
Ember in the Ashes

And so on...you get the picture. I'll just go pick up all my favs and have a hayday with them. Screw searching and wasting money when I can just read breath taking romances I KNOW I love.

Thanks a ton, Mikaela, I hope to have some wins in the VERY near future.

(between the two, Covenant was my favorite as a whole because it was consistent...but those first three lux books omg my heart...)


V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you Oh boy! This is a bummer. I was really expecting this book, but now I don't know.


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ I know :( I don't have much faith in JLA so I wasn't expecting 5 stars but...I was at least hoping to fall in love again :(

I'm sure JLA fans will love, though ♥


message 21: by Anna (new)

Anna One think that bothers me the most about JLA (and the reason why I stopped reading her books) is the fact that to me in each book her characters are exactly the same. Every main character and her love interest seem the same, don't you think?
Great review! :)


message 22: by Tina (new)

Tina Great review.


message 23: by Tina (new)

Tina Glad to see I'm not the only one:(
I loved the Lux series but now.. :-(


Rachel Reads Ravenously Terrific review Chelsea! xoxo


Aj the Ravenous Reader Wow! I didn’t know JLA had this much effect on you, Chels. Thanks for sharing that and you can’t blame yourself sweetie. Our preferences change; that’s just a fact of life. At least you still both hated and loved the book. That still means a lot. Love the review as usual. <3


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Anna wrote: "One think that bothers me the most about JLA (and the reason why I stopped reading her books) is the fact that to me in each book her characters are exactly the same. Every main character and her l..."

Honestly?? Yes. I mean, I think Aiden and Daemon are the originals, so I would NEVER diss on them because they will always hold a special place in my heart, but after all that, yes, they become super repetitive and the same repetitive phrases get fucking OLD. For real. Like ugh. So anyway. It sucks but...she's a super repetitive person and I can't stand it anymore.

Thanks, Anna! ♥


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Tina *The Book Slave* wrote: "Glad to see I'm not the only one:(
I loved the Lux series but now.. :-("


Tina *The Book Slave* wrote: "Great review."

I know...it's devastating, isn't it?? Ugh. So sad. Thanks, Tina! ♥


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Rachel Reads Ravenously (AKA The Wildcard Reader) wrote: "Terrific review Chelsea! xoxo"

Thanks so much, Rachel!! ♥


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Wow! I didn’t know JLA had this much effect on you, Chels. Thanks for sharing that and you can’t blame yourself sweetie. Our preferences change; that’s just a fact of life. At least you still both ..."

Ugh. I KNOOOOOOW but it still hurts. I think it always will...and I mean, yeah I had other favorites at that time, but I always loved her most. The way she left us hanging and how epic her banter and romances were. I will always love those two series so much...but she definitely has lost me for future ventures...I think...

thanks so much, AJ! So glad you stopped by lol I need to go check your page! :D


Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Siiiiiigh, JLA.... I used to love her - especially the Covenant series - but I just can't anymore for a multitude of reasons :/ I'm glad you found something to like in this anyway (*cough* BOY! *cough*)

NOW READY FOR THE EPIC WEEKEND (I ORDER YOU, BOOK)

Wonderful review!


Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥ See, now I never would have guessed 3. I was thinking that you were either going to be a 1/2 or a 4 Star Rating. But at least from reading this book you know that JLA just isn't your author anymore, but I love that you still listen to me gush away about how much I love her latest book I'm reading. I'm so glad you tried though and got to meet Ryder. And yes that book...... I. Can't. Even. ♥


message 32: by Rachel Reads Ravenously (last edited May 22, 2016 03:58PM) (new)

Rachel Reads Ravenously I adore JLA and this wasn't a home run for me. Excellent review Chelsea, I agree with you on a lot of points.
xoxo

PS: I reread your review after reading the book. :)


SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Terrific review Chelsea! = ))


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) wrote: "Siiiiiigh, JLA.... I used to love her - especially the Covenant series - but I just can't anymore for a multitude of reasons :/ I'm glad you found something to like in this anyway (*cough* BOY! *co..."

Ugh I know, Banana. It's really heartbreaking....but it is what it is. I guess we've outgrown her brand and style of writing, but we'll always have our dear Aiden :)))

LOVE YOUUUUU and thank you!! ♥


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Jen (in her Unicorn Bubble) wrote: "See, now I never would have guessed 3. I was thinking that you were either going to be a 1/2 or a 4 Star Rating. But at least from reading this book you know that JLA just isn't your author anymore..."

AHHH the book....probably my favorite thing about this whole story. It was just so sweet and special and so....adorable. Definitely worth mentioning.

Yeahhhh I don't know. I didn't hate enough to give a two but I was way too bored for a four.....but yes, it would appear JLA will most likely be taking different paths from here on out :(

AND YES- I will always be an ear to gush to lol


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Rachel Reads Ravenously (AKA The Wildcard Reader) wrote: "I adore JLA and this wasn't a home run for me. Excellent review Chelsea, I agree with you on a lot of points.
xoxo

PS: I reread your review after reading the book. :)"


LOL! Well I'm glad you see my point because I feel like a butthole!! But it is what it is and I have finally accepted it :(

Thanks so much, Rachel! So sorry it didn't work for you either ♥


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Terrific review Chelsea! = ))"

Thanks so much, SueBee! ♥


message 38: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review hun :)


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Thanks, Jessica! :D


message 40: by Beth (new)

Beth Hudspeth Oh thank goodness I am not the only one! I really love JLA and was quite disappointed :(
Great review Chelsea!


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Thanks so much, Beth! And yes omg
I am just...so over her. All the faith is lost :/


Mistress of Romance Kim  Brown I'm currently reading this book and I'm bored as shit. I'm 45% in and I just don't want to pick it up again. I'm glad I got it from the library bc I would be upset to spend so much on a book I'm just not that into. Thanks for echoing my thoughts exactly about this book.


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Gosh I knoooooow it was SO DREADFUL!!!!!! It's really not worth it until the last 10%-which, ya know, at that point you're just over it! Sigh. Sorry this is just as bad for you as it was for me! :(


message 44: by L A i N E Y (new)

L A i N E Y Oh my, I was intending for this to be my first JLA :|
But i’m too much like you, I think. I mean i’m picky with the writing too and I actually just wrote a review of the last book i read (and didn’t like at all) because of the stilted writing....

It’s good I haven’t got this yet, maybe i need to try her other works...


Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ l a i n e y wrote: "Oh my, I was intending for this to be my first JLA :|
But i’m too much like you, I think. I mean i’m picky with the writing too and I actually just wrote a review of the last book i read (and didn’..."


Yeahhhh, I mean, people loved this book-I was the black sheep. Which isn't shocking but *shrug*

I'd much rather direct you towards her covenant or Lux series. They are FAR superior to this turd lol


back to top