Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker ’s review of Rock Hard (Sinners on Tour, #2) > Likes and Comments

59 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Man, oh man, hate that this happened. Totally sucks.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead --- 365andMe wrote: "Man, oh man, hate that this happened. Totally sucks."

I know. Especially since I gave the first book 5 stars. How often does that happen- book 1- 5 stars, book 2- 1 star.


message 3: by Teryl (new)

Teryl I have heard very many good things about this book.


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle wrote: "I know. Especially since I gave the first book 5 stars. How often does that happen- book 1- 5 stars, book 2- 1 star."

I think that happened to me before, but for the life of me I can't remember the book/series.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Teryl wrote: "I have heard very many good things about this book."

Many loved it, just not me. I'm part of the odd duck club often.


message 6: by willaful (new)

willaful Guess you've saved me seven bucks. Too bad because the first one really was fun.


message 7: by Tarra (new)

Tarra Damn! Harsh! (I love your review though). ;). I really do agree with you about Jessica and see your point on other things. I loved the chemistry of the band so much that I may have overlooked a lot, especially since I was coming off the high that was Backstage Pass! This must be why you posted the question about ratings and opinions!


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Tarra wrote: "Damn! Harsh! (I love your review though). ;). I really do agree with you about Jessica and see your point on other things. I loved the chemistry of the band so much that I may have overlooked a ..."

Exactly why I posted the question. It was a harsh review but it was really how I felt.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead willaful wrote: "Guess you've saved me seven bucks. Too bad because the first one really was fun."

But plenty of people loved it. You might be one of them.


message 10: by Tarra (new)

Tarra I love reading other's opinions, especially when they make me see the book in a different light. Sometimes the reviews I've read on here are more interesting than the book itself!


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Tarra wrote: "I love reading other's opinions, especially when they make me see the book in a different light. Sometimes the reviews I've read on here are more interesting than the book itself!"

I agree. My favorite reviews are for Shiver. I absolutely hated that book but I think I could spend days reading the reviews. Some of them are so funny.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead ♥ Sarah ♥ wrote: "That sucks Michelle! :( I haven't read this yet, but I hope I don't feel the same. I can't tell you how many times a book was ruined for me because of a bitchy heroine. There's gotta be a good bala..."

I usually like fiesty and sarcastic women heroines. I'm pretty damn sarcastic myself BUT if you are bitchy PLUS selfish, forget it.


Laura the Highland Hussy I've got this one, but I'm waiting a bit.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "I've got this one, but I'm waiting a bit."

I'll be curious to see what you think on this one.


message 15: by Tarra (new)

Tarra Ahh, Shiver. The leaky womb. I gave that book three stars just because I finished it. What was I thinking? I need to seriously reevaluate my rating scale!


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Tarra wrote: "Ahh, Shiver. The leaky womb. I gave that book three stars just because I finished it. What was I thinking? I need to seriously reevaluate my rating scale!"

Yeah the leaky womb was a no go for me. Isn't it funny when you go back and look at your old ratings and wonder "what was I thinking"?


Laura the Highland Hussy Michelle wrote: "Tarra wrote: "Ahh, Shiver. The leaky womb. I gave that book three stars just because I finished it. What was I thinking? I need to seriously reevaluate my rating scale!"

Yeah the leaky womb ..."


I'm big on that-but I feel weird re-rating them so long after the fact, that i just have to shrug.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "I'm big on that-but I feel weird re-rating them so long after the fact, that i just have to shrug."

Yeah, I haven't gone back and changed my rating but I have laughed at myself for the rating I gave.


message 19: by Tarra (new)

Tarra I won't go back and change a rating, I just wonder what was going through my mind at the time! Especially with Shiver, I had no positive comments in my updates on it! And very few books I actually remember specific wording that irked me as much as in that book.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Tarra wrote: "I won't go back and change a rating, I just wonder what was going through my mind at the time! Especially with Shiver, I had no positive comments in my updates on it! And very few books I actually..."

I think that was the first book on GR that I gave a 1 star rating to.


message 21: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya Y-y-you went to law school?!!! *totters to a chair* How many of us are sneaking around under the radar here? It's insane!!!! Is this a secret online underground society I have inadvertently stumbled into?


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Vinaya wrote: "Y-y-you went to law school?!!! *totters to a chair* How many of us are sneaking around under the radar here? It's insane!!!! Is this a secret online underground society I have inadvertently stumble..."

LOL, yes, but promise not to hold it against me! I actually even graduated from there as well. I promise not to act like a lawyer at any time!!


message 23: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya Thank you. I promise not to act like a lawyer at any time either. :-)


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Vinaya wrote: "Thank you. I promise not to act like a lawyer at any time either. :-)"

It is a small world isn't it?


Laura the Highland Hussy LOL, you guys are so cute :) Not a lawyer, but was a teacher for 3 yrs, and now I write. I'm not as cool as the lawyer group


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "LOL, you guys are so cute :) Not a lawyer, but was a teacher for 3 yrs, and now I write. I'm not as cool as the lawyer group"

NO worries.. I'm a lawyer-don't-wanna-be. I only finished law school because I started & I refused to quit.

If I had a choice between my career- a Juris Doctorate or yours, a good writer and author, I'd take yours anyday, anytime. But, alas, I suck at writing.


Laura the Highland Hussy awww, that was so sweet :) thank you


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "awww, that was so sweet :) thank you"

Well, on that note, when is the next book? LOL


Laura the Highland Hussy ugh, I don't know-if I can finish writing it before July, I'll be thrilled-then I'll post dates


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "ugh, I don't know-if I can finish writing it before July, I'll be thrilled-then I'll post dates"

sounds good!


Laura the Highland Hussy I sure hope I can get more written soon-I'm trying to catch up on reading right now (your 2 books included). my kids have been little punks lately and I'm getting my butt kicked in mommy-land.
I'm going to try writing at nights now, instead of while they're up...I think it will solve all but my sleep problems ;)


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "I sure hope I can get more written soon-I'm trying to catch up on reading right now (your 2 books included). my kids have been little punks lately and I'm getting my butt kicked in mommy-land.
I'm ..."


Send the kids to my house. If they are old enough to play video games, they'll think they have died and gone to heaven. With 13 computers, a hubby who is a video game programmer and acts like he is 13, and every known game system known to man, you might not see them again.

Yeah I can't imagine kids being very patient with mom writing. They like instant gratification.


Laura the Highland Hussy Michelle wrote: "Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "I sure hope I can get more written soon-I'm trying to catch up on reading right now (your 2 books included). my kids have been little punks lately and I'm getting my ..."

LMAO!!! OMGsh that's too funny! Yep, lego batman on wii and my kids are set :)

Just not when I'm home apparently. My 3 yr old likes to sit behind me in the computer chair. Like literally in the chair with me. it's hard to write with him piggyback


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "I sure hope I can get more written soon-I'm trying to catch up on reading right now (your 2 books included). my kids have been little punks lately an..."

LOL, you think? It's hard because when they are that young, they want mommy all the time, in the future, they want nothing to do with mom.


Laura the Highland Hussy Michelle wrote: "Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "I sure hope I can get more written soon-I'm trying to catch up on reading right now (your 2 books included). my kids h..."

LOL, hey, I got 15 words written this afternoon! lol


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "I sure hope I can get more written soon-I'm trying to catch up on reading right now (your 2 books inc..."

that is 15 more words than you had before!


Laura the Highland Hussy maybe I can double it now! lol

the kids gave me a rough night so I put one to bed early and the other stalled bedtime then told me "Mommy you broke my heart. I don't want you to be mad at me, can you fix my heart?"

Oh my GOSH!!! I almost broke down into tears!

So now,everyone is finally in bed and I have new songs on the ipod and am ready to go. I'd like a glass of wine, but the sad thing is that I can't get the cork out :(


message 38: by Beate (new)

Beate Wow. Having 2nd thoughts about starting the series at all...


message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

After reading the first book, I can see why you got this one. I might be caught in the same trap and if so, I've been warned. Maybe just knowing will soften the blow...lol.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Beate wrote: "Wow. Having 2nd thoughts about starting the series at all..."

Book 1 is great, just read that one!


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead --- 365andMe wrote: "After reading the first book, I can see why you got this one. I might be caught in the same trap and if so, I've been warned. Maybe just knowing will soften the blow...lol."

oh I loved book 1, I was shocked when I read this one how bad it was.


message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "
oh I loved book 1, I was shocked when I read this one how bad it was. "


I know and so did I, but now I want to read book two...even knowing how you felt. How sick does that make me...lol.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead --- 365andMe wrote: "Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "
oh I loved book 1, I was shocked when I read this one how bad it was. "

I know and so did I, but now I want to read book two...even knowing how you felt...."


Oh I understand that completely! Sometimes a review makes a book sound so bad, my curiousity is peeked so much that I have to read it for myself to see how bad it is!


message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah, thank you for that. Nice that I'm not the only one.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead --- 365andMe wrote: "Ah, thank you for that. Nice that I'm not the only one."

Well we do stalk the same books so it makes sense that we would think the same way about them!


message 46: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert I gave the first one and this one 5 stars, but I feel the same way about Jessica. Don't like her. At all. I guess the rest of the band made up for it for me. :)


message 47: by AH (new)

AH Such interesting comments -- I've enjoyed reading those as much as I did your review, Michelle!


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Nissie wrote: "I gave the first one and this one 5 stars, but I feel the same way about Jessica. Don't like her. At all. I guess the rest of the band made up for it for me. :)"

I just couldn't stand Jessica, because of that, I couldn't love the other characters or enjoy them the same way I did in the first book.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead AH wrote: "Such interesting comments -- I've enjoyed reading those as much as I did your review, Michelle!"

Thanks AH!


message 50: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert I'm sorry this one didn't work for you. Are you going to give the next one a shot?


« previous 1
back to top