Julie’s review of The Dead Ladies Project: Exiles, Expats, and Ex-Countries > Likes and Comments

40 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne A Wow? It's getting a Wow? I may have to promote this book from my "maybe" shelf to the "to-read"


message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie Ehlers Suzanne wrote: "A Wow? It's getting a Wow? I may have to promote this book from my "maybe" shelf to the "to-read""

I just finished. Definitely a great book in a lot of ways and a good one to end the year on. I'll post a review soon.


message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Looking forward to your review. Upgraded book already.


message 4: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Can't wait to read the review!


message 5: by Bianca (last edited Jan 16, 2017 03:53PM) (new)

Bianca Terrific review. I don't know who Crispin is, I'll look her up. Isn't great when our initial assessment or judgment of someone is proven wrong? I love when that happens. :-)


message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie Ehlers Bianca wrote: "Isn't great when our initial assessment or judgment of someone is proven wrong? I love when that happens. :-)"

Me too!!! :) Thanks, Bianca!


message 7: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Ok, now I'm really looking forward to this. I was (vaguely) aware of Crispin and her blog, but never checked it out before she bailed. So I don't have many preconceived notions, except that your high opinion does have some weight and the book's concept sounds intriguing. I'm putting this on my shortlist. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.


message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Great review, Julie! Can't wait to read this one


message 9: by Julie (new)

Julie Ehlers Suzanne wrote: "Ok, now I'm really looking forward to this. I was (vaguely) aware of Crispin and her blog, but never checked it out before she bailed. So I don't have many preconceived notions, except that you..."

Thanks, Suzanne. I seem to recall it was a bit slow at the start, so don't let that put you off. Hope you enjoy it!


message 10: by Julie (new)

Julie Ehlers Sarah wrote: "Great review, Julie! Can't wait to read this one"

Thanks! Hope you're able to get to it and like it as much as I did. :)


message 11: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Wow, holy cow! You really loved this! Will have to check it out!


message 12: by Idarah (new)

Idarah The last 10 years? I'm getting myself a copy. Excellent review!


message 13: by Julie (new)

Julie Ehlers Jenna wrote: "Wow, holy cow! You really loved this! Will have to check it out!"

Jenna, I would put her in the list of writers we were talking about--Maggie Nelson, Rebecca Solnit, etc. This reminded me a bit of Rebecca Solnit actually, if she were younger and more of an emotional wreck. :)


message 14: by Julie (new)

Julie Ehlers Eve wrote: "The last 10 years? I'm getting myself a copy. Excellent review!"

Thanks, Eve! Hope you like it!


message 15: by Rae (new)

Rae Meadows Whoa, Julie! That is high praise. I'm definitely adding this. I had the same feeling about Crispin--some reserve. She has a new one coming out or just out I think?


message 16: by Julie (new)

Julie Ehlers Rae, she does--in February or March, I think. I'm really looking forward to it now!


message 17: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Excellent review, Julie!


message 18: by Julie (new)

Julie Ehlers Deanna wrote: "Excellent review, Julie!"

Thank you, Deanna! :)


message 19: by Esil (new)

Esil Such a contrast to your review of her other book. I will definitely give this one a try.


message 20: by Julie (new)

Julie Ehlers Esil wrote: "Such a contrast to your review of her other book. I will definitely give this one a try."

I was looking at this one a few days ago and was reminded of how good I thought it was--so fortunately her other book hasn't spoiled my feelings for this one!


back to top