Darth J ’s review of Go Set a Watchman (To Kill a Mockingbird, #2) > Likes and Comments

396 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TL (new)

TL Have fun


message 2: by Darth J (new)

Darth J TL wrote: "Have fun"

I'll try. lol


message 3: by TL (new)

TL J. wrote: "TL wrote: "Have fun"

I'll try. lol"


;-P


message 4: by Mimi (new)

Mimi "I don’t know why it’s even been released other than to cash in on the success of the original. The story is boring and meanders along with too many asides before ever making its point."

MTE. Other than nostalgia, I don't see the point of this book either.


message 5: by Darth J (new)

Darth J Mimi wrote: ""I don’t know why it’s even been released other than to cash in on the success of the original. The story is boring and meanders along with too many asides before ever making its point."

MTE. Other than nostalgia, I don't see the point of this book either. "


That might have been a reason why it wasn't released until recently. It doesn't really go anywhere. The only overall theme is "when you grow up you realize that things weren't how you thought they were as a kid." *Shrugs*


message 6: by Mimi (new)

Mimi It wasn't published until recently because Lee's sister held the rights. There was a long legal battle between her and the publisher(s), but since she's passed away, they're free to do as they like with the manuscript, which Lee did not want published. The more I read about how this book got published, the more I'm creeped out.


message 7: by Darth J (new)

Darth J Mimi wrote: "It wasn't published until recently because Lee's sister held the rights. There was a long legal battle between her and the publisher(s), but since she's passed away, they're free to do as they like..."

I read about that too. The whole situation feels icky, but I still wanted to read it just to stay current on things.


message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Great Review!


Crazy for Books (Stephanie) Wonderfully written review. Sorry it wasn't better for you.


message 10: by Ria (new)

Ria I Named my son Atticus...Now he's going to have to say he was born pre...This madness I havent read it I don't even want to acknowledge its existence
signed dismayed mother
thx for your review! youre always a delight!!


message 11: by Darth J (new)

Darth J Elizabeth wrote: "Great Review!"

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) wrote: "Wonderfully written review. Sorry it wasn't better for you."

Thanks :-)

Ria wrote: "I Named my son Atticus...Now he's going to have to say he was born pre...This madness I havent read it I don't even want to acknowledge its existence
signed dismayed mother
thx for your review! you..."


What matters most is the memory and the intention you put into naming your son, of a character who stood up for what was right and ethical. Period.

Think of this as a scrapped story from the author and you should be fine. This book has many errors and inconsistencies, not just the facts regarding the court case in the original; so take solace knowing that this was probably never meant to see the light of day in the first place.


message 12: by Ria (new)

Ria J. wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Great Review!"

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) wrote: "Wonderfully written review. Sorry it wasn't better for you."

Thanks :-)

Ria wrote: "I Named my son Atticus...Now he's going ..."


Your response brought tears to my eyes. You're right. Thank you.


message 13: by Darth J (new)

Darth J Ria wrote: "Your response brought tears to my eyes. You're right. Thank you. "




message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole You're so right. This book was pointless.


back to top