A Goodreads user asked Jill Barry:

I have loads of ideas running through my head but can not get them written down. What would suggest I do. Sarah Mains

Jill Barry Sarah, I apologise for the delay in answering but will try my best to help. Firstly, you obviously have a very active imagination and that is good news from a writing point of view. I don't know if you have ever written a short story or something longer but it seems you've identified a problem which you feel is hindering you. Many writers carry notebooks around, even a tiny one will do! If an idea catches you unawares, maybe you could mentally tag it with a name, e.g. coffee shop, leisure centre, museum, etc - or identify your character so you remember the idea as Katie's lost train connection or Guy's speeding ticket. I hope this helps! Good luck and thanks for calling.