Iris Landrey
Iris Landrey asked Haven Francis:

Hi haven! I just devoted the last day of my life to reading your last 2 books and I don't regret it at all! Paxton is definitely my new book boyfriend! There is something about your characters and the way you write that feels so unique (I also read you previous series). I feel so attached to them. I'm wondering if you hear that from other readers and if you can give me any insight on why that is? Thank you, Iris

Haven Francis Hi Iris! Thank you so much for the question and for supporting my books! I'm glad you liked Paxton, I kind of love him myself.
Eek - my first question is kind of a hard one! I have had people tell me that before and if I had to come up with a reason I would say it's because of my writing process. I think, generally, writers are motivated by a plot. They have a complete story they have to tell. I've tried writing like that, but it's never worked out for me. My motivation is always my characters and their desperate love for each other. It usually begins with just one scene that I've probably dreamed where I can feel them and their emotions and it all grows from there. I don't know if that makes sense, but I always feel deeply connected to my characters and in-tune with their emotions and hopefully that shows through!