Hi all, Just a quick question. Is Colin's whining REALLY that bad? F

To answer questions about An Abundance of Katherines, please sign up.
Paakhi I actually found his whining justifiable, given the circumstances he was in. I mean he had been dumped by eighteen Katherines, he wasn't prodigy and he thought he's never be a genius and he also had the chronic disease of wanting to matter to the world. I feel the every protagonist John writes about wants to matter, but anyway, I think Collin's whining isn't bad.
After thinking about it, he doesn't really whine that much. And Hassan always makes everything funny anyway, so.
Betina Not only Colin, but I think the whole book is pretty bad. I mean, nothing really exciting happens. Ever. You expect that something will happen, and then... you finish the book. It made me angry, to be honest.
Bryson Personally, I wouldn't say it's all that bad. I would say he's an irritating character, but that makes sense based on his intelligence (lots of kids his age who are child prodigies would be fairly stuck-up and whiny). Though, I never found him to be so annoying that I didn't enjoy the novel or that it really took away from the experience. Hope that helps! ^_^
Neko Kind of. Considering he has just had his heart broken for the 19th time, he actually handles it rather well.
Jordan That entirely depends on how you read. Colin is passionate about something (creating knowledge that improves the world) and he is now realizing that he is not getting any closer to it in his life. If you understand that and if you can empathize with someone who struggles to achieve something, then you will read him as honest. Otherwise, you might read him as whiny.

See my review for more details.
Calo Calo
Starling Knight Yeah, but it didn't really become that noticeable into a little bit past the halfway point.
Ian Adams No I loved this book. It is my favorite John Green book. Just because Colin isn't running after the girl he loves or speaking metaphorically he is not a bad character. You can tell John Green wrote this with an intent not to be so serious he wanted fun.

My YouTube channel.Go check it out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMp_...
Anita Byler No, I didn't think so. He's a teenager. All the main characters are and they come across as teens.
Image for An Abundance of Katherines
by John Green (Goodreads Author)