Goodreads asked John Stein:

John Stein The idea for Building the Pyramid started as a result of a conversation I had with our design agency a few years ago. They identified that there were six stages to the building of the pharaohs' pyramids and coincidentally our winning formula performance framework had six elements to it.

I came up with the idea of developing the parallels between the Pharaohs pyramid- building journey with that of the business journey facing many leaders' in today's modern world.

Rather than producing a serious, heavy tome, I decided to write a parable set in ancient Egypt.

Great leaders are great storytellers and I thought I would tell a story supported by lessons, teachings and imagery which would capture the imagination of leaders and everyone else connected with any organisation. The creative journey began. The characters and storyline are based on my 20 years experience and work with clients all over the world.