Elliebit
Elliebit asked Susan Mallery:

Susan, I love love love your Fool's Gold series. I love how positive the characters are and I love the small town feel. But I have to ask, How on earth do you manage to come up with so many different back stories and how in the world do you churn your books out so quickly?! Just wanted to let you know that I love your tough, tomboy females - it's so good to see different role models from the woman spectrum!

Susan Mallery Hi, Elliebit! When I first started writing, I wrote fast right from the start. It's just what works for me, probably because I have the attention span of a gnat. If I don't write fast, I get bored. Early on, I went to some writing classes and heard the other students talking about writing one page a day, or three pages, so I thought maybe I should slow down. But I'd write that one page or three pages and then think, "Okay, that took ten minutes. Now what?"

Writing fast is just natural for me.
Susan Mallery