Trang
Trang asked:

I'm a little bit worried about getting bored over this book, as it is the original story of Beauty and the Beast. Is it worth the time to read?

Pen&Quill Read I was slightly bord in the beginning of the story it was a lot of back story about beauty's family and life in the city their down fall from great wheath and traveling and getting settled in their new country lives and its like a third of the in to the book by the time she even reaches the castle but its worth it to push through because its a beautiful, glimmering, classic (though its Not the original telling of the tale) version of a great fairy tale with one of the best libraries I've seen (I judge all B&B's by their libraries!)
Keep reading its worth it!
JW Dillingham This is NOT the original Beauty and the Beast. The original story, "La Belle et La Bête", was first published in 1740 and written by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve. The English version was translated by J. R Planché and published in 1858. I haven't read it yet, have it on my wish list, but I understand it was MUCH longer than more modern versions.

According to Amazon: "Although it contains the familiar plots and themes of more recent shortened versions of the tale, Villleneuve's original piece of story telling explores the back story of both Belle and the Beast. The Beast was a prince who lost his father at a young age, and whose mother had to wage war to defend his kingdom. Belle’s story reveals her true parentage and her life is threatened."
Stella Seaman YES! There is so much more about her before the beast. This book is my most favorite ever!
Image for Beauty