Michelle Walters

I recently started reading the first book in the series and realized that the seventh book is unavailable to me in English. Is it worth reading the series as only the first six books? I have gathered that the seventh and last book isn't very good and is in a completely different narrative style anyway. Any one have any thoughts on if it is worth it to just read them as a six book series?

To answer questions about De cómo un rey perdió Francia, please sign up.
Paul Burnette Michelle, I just finished the seventh book, which is available in English on Amazon. I read it in Kindle version My review is posted. #7 is different than the others in that it is a Cardinal's summation of the fulfillment of the curse of the Templars that has been traced through the first six books. It is also an indictment of incompetent kings. I enjoyed it, but David is right that the story was pretty complete after book 6.
MrsER I read and enjoyed the whole series in French. I was eager to put my hands on the 7th book, also in French. Well, my disappointment was tremendous, so big I wish I had never opened that darn volume, lol! I could not pass the first few pages of musings by cardinal Talleyrand-Périgord. He merely puts down his thoughts in paper--endlessly, with no mercy on the poor reader. Maybe it is just me, but I did not recognize Druon's fluid prose from the prior six volumes. I do not enjoy 1st person narration, but I have encountered books I liked; this was not one of them.
David Yes, the series is worth reading even only as 1-6. Just finished #6, and it felt like a complete series.

This historical fiction series was the inspiration for the fictional A Song Of Ice And Fire series. The difference? The historical fiction has fewer dragons (well, none actually), and the behavior of the historical characters is worse than the fictional.
Caro I read the series several years ago in Spanish. I also read the 7th book and I like, not as much as the others, that is true but is a good closure, nevertheless you do not need to read this one and you will be still good. Some people even say that the sixth book can be skipped. I did not love it but it close some parts of the story that are not mention in the others, nevertheless is a great historical saga and you can read it with regrets if you do not find the last book.
Image for De cómo un rey perdió Francia