Patrick Brown
Patrick Brown asked:

Will I enjoy this book if I don't know anything about the Expos?

Yong Hoon I think you'll enjoy this book if you fit either of the following criteria:
You were an Expos fan
OR
You are interested in baseball history AND you are interested in hearing the memories of a baseball fan.

If you were (are) an Expos fan, you'll find a lot of things to love about this book. The passion with which Jonah Keri writes about his favorite team is infectious, and I'm sure you'll have a great time reliving the many memories in the history of the franchise.

But more to the point, even if you don't know anything about the Expos, if you love baseball history and hearing people reminisce about it, I think you'll enjoy this book as well. However, if you're only interested in one of those things, I'm not sure that you'll enjoy it as much. Keri really blends the two parts together, often jumping from telling the history of the Expos to a specific memory he experienced and back, and while his writing is great, you may not be interested in one or the other, and this book may frustrate you. However, even if you only have a passing interest in those two things, definitely check it out!

As a footnote, another group of people that may enjoy this book are others who have lost their sports teams (Browns fans, Sonics fans) or who are fans of teams which have a very tenuous future in their current location (the A's, the Rays). The business side of the Expos, while not explored very fully, was of great interest to me as an A's fan hoping ownership doesn't do these same things, and it was nice to commiserate with someone whose team was taken away from them.
Lena I was wondering the same thing... Do I like it because I loved the expos? Maybe. I would still say if you like baseball, history and strategy you will like it.
Brandon If you are a fan of baseball, you will like it.
Image for Up, Up, and Away
by Jonah Keri (Goodreads Author)