Maureen
Maureen asked:

To answer questions about Joyland, please sign up.
Tom What? No, he did not say that. The little girl was not killed BY a woman talking on the phone. She wandered into the street and was hit by a car while the woman (her mother) who was supposed to be watching her was in the house talking on the phone.
Leslie Golden Sure and not an anachronism. Daughter playing in the yard. Wife in the house, on the land line phone. (only they weren't known as landlines then) Daughter runs from the yard, into the road and gets killed. Mom gets blamed.
L8blmr She was talking on her (home) phone while the daughter was outside alone playing, I believe.
Michelle yes, it was the wife that was talking on the phone. She wasn't paying attention to the daughter
Bon Tom I'm just gonna say you need to install dedicated audiobook application. Then you'll go back (rewind) easily by pressing button on your headphones twice, rewinding in steps of 10 seconds or so ;) Ordinary mp3 player apps are just not designed for audiobook listener needs.
S. Titus
John Cheeseman Get the Smart Audiobook player if you're using an Android phone which is free or £2 if you want the premium version which you probably dont need. Its the best £2 I've ever spent and the best thing on my phone. As you probably know by now it wasnt the driver speaking on the phone but Eddie's wife who was talking on the landline instead of minding the child.
Robert Ivan Shore jr Yes he did say that
Image for Joyland
by Stephen King (Goodreads Author)