Jaime Hudson
Jaime Hudson asked:

My nine year old son is very interested in Paul Revere especially after taking him to Boston this summer. I would like to read this to him, but I don't know if there is anything that may be inappropriate for his age. Any feedback would be helpful?

To answer questions about Paul Revere's Ride, please sign up.
Joshua Sander I read this book this semester for one of my university classes. It's been a couple months since I finished it, so I can't remember everything in it (in other words, forgive me if I miss something in my assessment), but I don't remember much in particular as being inappropriate. I believe at one point it mentions that 1/3 of young women in New England at the time were pregnant on their wedding day, but it's a passing remark, and it doesn't go into detail on what that means. The only other thing I would note is that it mentions the injuries sustained by some, including a British soldier who was mauled/hatcheted by American militiamen. In addition, there might be some mild swearing here and there in the quotes from people at the time, but (if there was any) there wasn't enough that I took notice of it. But on the merits of the book, I would say that it is an excellent book for anyone who is interested in the American Revolution or in Paul Revere. If you choose to read it to him, I think he'll enjoy it, and I know he'll learn a lot from it. I hope this helps!
C.T. Haywood I read the book when I was twelve and was able to understand it by way of anecdotes he uses. Much of the full comprehension can come later on.
Peggy Brown It is a book about revolution and war. It focuses on military arrangements, orders, provisions, battles, hierarchy. Is that for your nine year old?
Image for Paul Revere's Ride