Thadson
Thadson asked:

I just finished the book, and there was no mention about "In this group, Victor meets someone from his past, someone who recruited him to the life he now knows - someone he thought was dead." What is the description above talking about? Which page established this connection to an old mentor?

To answer questions about The Game, please sign up.
Thadson I have received word from the author regarding this question: This is what he said:

"...unfortunately a lot of these blurbs are written before the book is actually finished and are based on early ideas and outlines. So, with The Game, my original concept was to have someone from Victor's past in the team of mercenaries, and Hart was going to be that someone. However, when writing the book it just didn't work. There was so much other stuff going on that it was superfluous and too contrived, so all such connections were removed. But, that blurb based on my original idea is still out there."

I hope this clarifies it, and I thank you Tom, for answering this question for us.
Kalman
Image for The Game
by Tom Wood (Goodreads Author)