Jade Lewis
Jade Lewis asked:

Question: a colleague has a reading group of high school-aged kids and would like to read Killing Floor with them. He has not read the book and has concerns about language (profanity). We can't find any parental warnings or controls on this book, so is there anyone here who has read it and could speak to the language appropriateness? Thanks for any and all feedback!

To answer questions about Killing Floor, please sign up.
Anish Kohli Hi Jade,

I've been reading the Jack Reacher series for quite some time. From what I've read so far, I'll tell you that this is not something you want to read to/with kids.

There aren't a lot of profane dialogues (only a few that kids might know already, but why risk it?) though there are a few well detailed violent scene settings that might not be really appropriate. Not to mention the hot headed attitude of the protagonist.

Basically, it would depend much on the age group you have in mind.

May I suggest something that young readers might enjoy?
Try the Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage. With a harry potterish feel to it and good writing style, it will make for a good read.

Cheers :)
Image for Killing Floor
by Lee Child (Goodreads Author)