J. Quill
J. Quill asked Christopher D. Schmitz:

I realize it's impossible to pick a favorite book that you've written - that's too much like picking your favorite kid - but do any of your projects stand out in your mind as a particularly satisfying endeavor? What made it so gratifying?

Christopher D. Schmitz it really does seem to be "whatever I'm working on at the moment." However, Wolf of the Tesseract was written with a very specific target audience in mind of my teenage children who are big fans of Maze Runner, Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Eragon, etc. and so I concentrated writing with voices for others rather than myself...I mean, I always did that before, but never crawled as deeply inside my characters as I did for that story and the characters are some of my most vibrant, right down to the emotion in their voice -- Jackie (the MC's best friend) might be my favorite supporting character across the board because of this and when I've done read-aloud pieces at author events/signings I typically read an excerpt with her dialogue. She is a bubbly, flawed, easily excited misfit.