Michael
Michael asked:

So I read Among Others about a year ago, and just finished Cat's Cradle. Do I need to reread Among Others now to pick up on lost nuance?

To answer questions about Among Others, please sign up.
Jo Walton If you remember what I did with Vonnegut's word "karass" then probably not. But I don't know. It depends how you feel about it. I love re-reading and the way books illuminate each other, casting light and shadows in both directions. Some people feel it's a waste of time when there are so many new books to read. Both of these seem like valid points of view, and places where what's different is the underlying axiomatic way of viewing the world. If you're like me, then you could read it again and maybe see more in it. But you're in no way obliged.

I tried very hard to write it so that people who had read the books Mori experiences (reads, breathes...) will have resonance, but the book will work for those who haven't. I didn't expect many people to have read everything I mention.
Image for Among Others
by Jo Walton (Goodreads Author)