Marilyn
Marilyn asked:

Does it bother anyone else that Patrick is called "Patty", instead of "Paddy'? I always thought that "Patty" was short for "Patricia", and "Paddy" was short for "Patrick".

To answer questions about Winter Street, please sign up.
Lorraine Patty is not the American version of the name Patrick. Normally, the nickname in the U.S. would be Pat (Pat could be male or female.) In the version I read, he was sometimes called Paddy, and I always had to stop and think who "Paddy" was.
Patty/Patti would be a female nickname for Patricia. Glad I didn't read the version where he is Patty - it was confusing enough remembering that Kelley was a man.
Brenda It is Paddy in the paperback version I just read.
Pat I think Patty is the nick name for the American version, Patrick. The Irish version is Padraig, nick named Paddy. Since my given name is Patricia, I was called Patty as a kid. Now, it is just Pat. Since Patrick in the book is an adult, he probably is only called that by family. As was I.
Carol Runke I always had to stop and think who "Patty" was.
Image for Winter Street
by Elin Hilderbrand (Goodreads Author)