Joanne Dickey
Joanne Dickey asked:

I'm facilitating our book club having suggested this book. I would like for you to send me some questions about this book that I can use for discussions. Are there questions already made up for discussion?

To answer questions about The Lost Mother, please sign up.
Bianca Rose So this may be about a year too late but thought that it could be helpful if there is anyone else out there who wants an answer. My edition of the book had discussion questions at the back so here they are. They are not my questions in any way or form and I am literally copying them from the back of my book. Some minor spoilers ahead

* When Milo and Claire first meet, he kills an animal in front of her. What were your first impressions of Milo and did those impressions change the more you read it?

* How do you think Claire and Milo's lives change after their initial meeting?

* Claire is surprised when Jay makes a move on her. Were you? Jay ends up being one of Claire's closest friends. What impact does he have on her life? How important to you think his role is in the novel?

* Claire and her sister Sofia are very different. How important do you think Sofia's opinion is to Claire?

* Claire's infertility plays a big role in the novel. How do you feel about the fact that Claire doesn't end up having a child in the end? Would you have preferred it if she got pregnant?

* Louise often wonders if she should be doing more with her life. By the time her search for her mother ends, do you think she's learnt to be satisfied with her role as a stay at home mum or do you think she yearns for more?

* Louise has a difficult relationship with her mother. Do you think Nora is a bad mother or do you think Louise never really gave her a chance?

* Sam plays a significant role in helping Louise find her mother. Do you also think he helps her find herself? If so, how?

* Louise doesn't end up with Sam. Do you think she should have?

* Both Claire and Louise have life-changing events to deal with. How do you feel they both deal with those events?
Image for The Lost Mother
by Tracy Buchanan (Goodreads Author)