Ali
Ali asked:

I began to read this series and I found it by far Brandon's best work. I have a heavy schoolwork load though and I am afraid of getting hooked before summer. I also really don't want to start waiting for years for the next books to come out. I am aware of the Cosmere and that most of Brandon's books exist in the same universe. Can I read this book without bringing myself pain of addiction and waiting?

To answer questions about The Way of Kings, please sign up.
McSteve If you like Sanderson, and have a tendency to get "addicted" or sucked into books, then I would avoid this until summer.

It's also going to be over a decade before the series is finished, due to how long it takes him to write these books. I personally have found these books enjoyable enough to be worth the pain of waiting for more, but if you genuinely hate waiting, I'd steer clear.
Image for The Way of Kings
by Brandon Sanderson (Goodreads Author)