Angelica Yanza

When I first saw the title of the book, I thought it might be interesting story since there aren't many werewolf stories that have girls for the werewolf. But then, I started hearing Snape's voice in my head from Prisoner of Azkaban and he was explaining that the prefix "were-" means "man." So "werewolf" means "man-wolf." So doesn't "Weregirl" mean "man-girl?" Am I the only one who was thinking that?

To answer questions about Weregirl, please sign up.
Sarah ➖Goddess of Mischief➖ By "man" it means "human" so "Weregirl" would mean "human girl". But I think the author was using "were" to mean "shape-shifter," so the title is trying to convey that she's a shape-shifter.
Sarina Man could mean man-kind in this situation, so weregirl could translate to human-girl. Still doesn’t bring the wolf into it, though. I think that the author intends weregirl to mean wolf-girl.
Dani Well, now that you mention it, I looked it up, and although the internet isn't very clear about it, you seem to be correct. In the way it is intended to be used, though, I suppose that "were" could mean wolf, although that is not technically correct, but if that were so, the book title could translate to "wolf-girl".
Image for Weregirl
by C.D. Bell (Goodreads Author)