Halo
Halo asked:

Does the black room ever get explained in any of the Odd sequels? It seems to be missing a point, and was one of the more intriguing parts of the novel.

To answer questions about Odd Thomas, please sign up.
Tori Hasty No, the black room is never really explained. I feel that this is because it is as new and unusual to Odd as it is to the reader. Why was it in Robertson's home? I hypothesis that it has something to do with the bodachs. They are draw to death and destruction therefore it would make sense that they would find entrance to this world through people with murder on their mind, such as Robertson. I think that Odd might have showed up while the bodachs portal of entrance was still open. Only Odd could see it because of his gift but he is not a bodach. Therefore he could not get through. His attempted entrances are what cause the time loop until the portal eventually closed. However this is just my theory, Dean Koontz never explains it in this book.
Image for Odd Thomas
by Dean Koontz (Goodreads Author)