Bill (doc)
Bill (doc) asked Rachel DeFriez:

Why is it when people read your novels they don't take the time to comment on them. I have 36 novels out there and some still stay virgins. Bill (Doc) Roberts

Rachel DeFriez Hey Bill,
How are you? It’s nice to hear from you. You know, I read a ton and I very rarely comment and I’m a writer. I’ve started to comment more lately because I’m a Creative Writing teacher. I like to do some thoughtful comments from time to time as examples. Also, I’m more active on Goodreads and I like to exchange reviews so my friends know what I enjoyed and why. I guess that’s why it’s such an extraordinarily generous gesture from a reader to actually take a couple of minutes and say something. I, personally, genuinely appreciate the effort of those who do.
*Scatters big thank you kisses in the direction of all the nice people who have written reviews for her*

Maybe with the growth of Amazon’s user comments and sites like Goodreads the practice of jotting down a word or two for the benefit of other users will become more common place. The feedback is invaluable to the writer and potential readers.

Then again, a good book, for many, is a private, paradise getaway, extremely personal and intimate, and maybe some are reluctant to sully the sanctuary. :)

Best Bill,