Reta Scoresby
Reta Scoresby asked:

Is the language and content clean?

To answer questions about Rules of Civility, please sign up.
Nicole There are a few f-bombs and the c word. It was strange that no one bats an eye when they are used in mixed company in the 30's.
Lyn I thought the bad language in this book, like the c word, was a bit out of place. Only sailors would have used those word in mixed company, (here I malign sailors!). I would have thought back in the 30's there was not much swearing, then again I was born in the 50's and in Australia and swearing just wasn't heard in my childhood. I remember one incident only, when a huge, angry and mentally unhinged man in our suburb once used the c word, but he disappeared off the streets very quickly.
Linda There is very little bad language compared to most of today's books. A few words here and there. We know people are having sex through implication. There are no graphic scenes.
Image for Rules of Civility
by Amor Towles (Goodreads Author)