Goodreads asked Jackie Castle:

Jackie Castle It's true, despite how much I love writing, sometimes it's hard to get motivated to sit down and start typing.

When I get this way, I do one (or more) of several things.
#1 - taking a walk helps me clear my mind and stirs my creativity. I love woody parks the best, where there's nothing but the sound of the wind in the trees and the birds merry-making. Also, there's something about the movement of muscles that fires up my brain and helps me work through plot problems or where to go next.

#2 - challenge another writer to an hour or less writing spree. I enjoy the challenge of a competition, or at least knowing there's someone else in the world who is working along with me. Writing tends to be lonely.

#3 - take some time looking through Pinterest at boards that relate to what I'm writing. There's some beautiful fantasy art out there, and they always manage to inspire me.

#4 - Watch a writing lesson video. Kills two with one. I get inspired, and I learn something.

#5 - Get away from the house to write. Coffee shops, restaurant porches, parks, libraries... all these places keep me from feeling hemmed in- as often happens when I stay home too much. Some people get distracted by the noise, I enjoy it. And going out to write makes me feel very Bohemian. lol.

Hope this helps someone else who's needing a bit of inspiration.