Ashley
Ashley asked Elizabeth Gilbert:

What advice would you give women struggling with the same issues you were with regards to absorbing her partners identity and dating too often?

Elizabeth Gilbert I can only speak from my own experience when I was young, Ashley, which is that I had become addicted to romance, and addicted to having a man beside me at all times — even when it wasn't good for me. The only way to quit drinking is to quit drinking. The only way to quit gambling is to stop going to casinos. The only way I was able to recover from my addiction to romance was to give myself a period of time alone, to come into my own being. It was lonely and difficult, but the most important thing I ever did for my life.
Elizabeth Gilbert