Goodreads asked Shauna Scheets:

Shauna Scheets Life. I get inspired to write through life itself. Right now, as I find myself sitting at my old university student union building, I am reminded of just how varied that can be, and of all the things that have brought me to this moment and this place in my life. Those moments can be quiet, or they can be hectic, but they are all worth closer examination. And that is what writing and reading allow me to do.

Sometimes we need to think more on something; others we need to escape so that we can stop thinking about something, and make a better decision later when we're not so close to that something. It is writing and reading that provide that for me. I can only hope that my writing will provide that for other readers as well.