Raúl Zavala
Raúl Zavala asked L. Bachman:

L. Bachman I began writing because I wanted to have a place to escape for myself. I was bullied a lot in school, I was the constant 'new kid' in school, and had trouble adjusting. I began writing to help myself not feel so bad about 'being new again'. I was motivated by these things.

I wanted to create a world that recognized that I wasn't just a 'new kid', but that saw me for the awesome person I believed myself to be. I gave myself that little foot into a world that I could make into anything. Everyone would think I was awesome and gave me a chance.

These first steps changed over time, my stories began to not involve me at all, but characters I could relate to. I didn't let anyone really read my things for a very long time, the first time I did I got a horrible response that closed me off to letting another ever read another thing I’d came up with.

I was motivated to continue writing for myself, but growing up I began to write because I felt other’s could relate or would want a little bit of time to escape like I had. I understood that everyone had it hard, not just I, and what better than to help you than getting lost in a beautiful book?

L.