Goodreads asked Elizabeth Newton:

Elizabeth Newton I get my inspiration simply from the things that really interest me. My books are a quirky combination of many of my loves. Adventure, sci-fi, God, space and time travel, teaching, 'The Beatles'....
The main thing that really inspired me to write the 'Train Flight' series in the first place, was looking up at the stars, and wishing I could go up there and explore. I am extremely fascinated with space and might have been an astronaut in another life, as they say. But since I can't actually hop in a space craft and fly around having adventures in real life out there, I figure, writing about them is the next best thing. Strangely enough, after having written the stories that I have written so far, I do feel as if I have actually experienced those things. I've been there with my characters and done it all! I'm excited for more adventures to come!