Kelly
Kelly asked Kate DiCamillo:

I work as an Early Literacy Specialist at a public library, and I am extremely excited about your platform as the National Ambassador for Young People's Literature and the idea that "Stories Connect Us." Do you have any advice for parents, teachers, and librarians eager to help children develop a life-long love of reading?

Kate DiCamillo Hi Kelly! For me, reading is such a pleasure, so I always feel that it is a privilege to hold a book in my hands. I think it would be great if we could remind kids and adults of the pleasure/privilege of reading. Sometimes reading gets turned into a duty, a task, a chore. Something we should do. But if we can keep telling people how much joy there is to be found in books, I think that life-long love will come naturally.
Kate DiCamillo