Goodreads asked Camille Kendall:

Camille Kendall Great question! First, I fell in love with an abandoned but beautiful brick Victorian house near our farm and wished there was some way it could be restored/preserved. Sadly, the house was bull-dozed a couple of years ago. It is pictured on the cover of my most recent book, and "Bethel Road" is my attempt - as a writer - to give that particular house new life. Second, I believe we all have an intrinsic need for a sense of place, of home - what better setting to explore that longing than in a historic house! Finally, I wanted to investigate the concept of timelessness. What if we could step outside of time? What if the past could be brought into the present? What if all time was "now"?

A beautiful old house, the universal need for a place to call home, removing the veil between yesterday and today - I couldn't wait to start writing!