Goodreads asked Zam Loyal:

Zam Loyal Art has been great to me as a way to deal with this. For example, I can paint something completely abstract, just make paint stains on a canvas and try to figure out shapes or I can try to feel the emotions that the colors and strokes provide, and I then translate that into a story. This is kind of like making my own inkblot or "Rorschach" test that psychologists use, so anyone could look up that test and use their own answers for inspiration, if they don't feel inclined to get messy with paint or ink.

Another possible way is to look for something with imagery, symbolism and randomness like a tarot card deck. You don't have to believe in the esoteric or even attempt to use it "correctly" for it to be useful. Simply shuffle the cards and draw any number of them you would like, looking at the pictures and trying to link them together in a story or a plot development can be both fun and useful.

Finally, something else that I have found to be effective, is to grab any random book (fiction preferably) and open it in a random page. The first complete sentence in said book, could be used as a way to stimulate one's own creative ideas, and build something that is loosely based on that sentence.

The key to getting out of writer's block, is to identify what is causing it, and I've so far found that (for me at least) there are two main factors that create the condition:

1. Your possibilities are infinite and you can't focus on a path for your story, because there are just too many of them. This often happens right at the very beginning of a story when the page is blank, but it can also occur any time where you don't know where to go because you can't decide on a trajectory. In this case, imposing constraints on yourself and your creative possibilities can actually help, you can focus your creativity like a laser that will break through the writer's block in your way. As for how these constraints should be imposed is up to every writer, but I enjoy the randomness of the ones I described above.

2. You are TOO constrained and you can't find a way to resolve a plot development. Interestingly, the same techniques I talked about before can help here too, only instead of looking at them as ways to limit your possibilities, you can look at them as ways to think 'outside the box' and essentially treat them as brainstorm ideas to help you out of the cage you wrote yourself into.

And these are just my personal ways to deal with this, I am by no means an authority and they may not work for everyone. But still I wanted to share.