Tiffany Peña
Tiffany Peña asked Ruta Sepetys:

OMG YAAS! I have read Between Shades Of Gray and own Salt to the Sea, CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON IT, seriously after Between Shades of Gray you have become my favorite author, love your way of writing aloooot. Why did you chose to write historical fiction? and how do you get inspired to write such fabulous books? YOUR BOOKS ARE JUST AWESOME I SERIOUSLY LOVE 'EM. Where are you going to be signing on summer?

Ruta Sepetys Hi Tiffany!

Thanks for your question! Writing historical fiction is like being a detective. I love discovering secrets, hidden facts, and hidden heroes. Sometimes history can be perceived as boring. But through characters and story, historical statistics become human and suddenly we care for people we've never met, we can find their country on a map, and then - the history matters. Through historical fiction we can give voice those who will never have a chance to tell their story. That inspires me! I will be at the North Teen Texas Book Festival in April and in Canada in May.
Ruta Sepetys