Tonya Lucas
Tonya Lucas asked Marcy McKay:

I know the 2nd book will be equally fantastic, you have a wonderful talent of creating a masterful heart gripping story. What was the hardest part of writing Copper's story?

Marcy McKay Thank you for your belief in me, Tonya. It really does help pushing me along with book #2. This may sounds silly, but the hardest part was "staying with the darker elements of Copper's story." I'm a happy person and try to live a drama-free life, while Copper's life was rife with drama, at every turn.

It was painful to think about, research and write. To know I had to enter that world day after day. I often wanted to throw Pennies away and write a fun rom-com. However, I believe a writer's #1 responsibility is to tell the truth, so I sat with the discomfort and told her truth to the best of my ability.

I hope that makes sense. Great question!