Sally
Sally asked D.J. Niko:

Did you do most of that world-traveling alone, or did you sometimes go with a partner or friend? That took a lot of courage. How did you manage to be so brave?

D.J. Niko Thanks for asking, Sally. I've done a little of both. Some places beg for solitude; others are best enjoyed in the company of others. In some cases, safety is an issue. For example, I would not recommend gorilla tracking in the impenetrable wilderness of Uganda/Rwanda/Congo alone. :) Being brave is easier when you're young and unattached. Not sure I would do half this stuff now that I have young kids! Still, I do have an itch to get back to Africa--Zimbabwe, in particular. There is a site of ancient ruins there that may just inspire a new story ...