aj
aj asked Jess E. Owen:

Would it maybe be possible for us to see Shard's scar from the sea wolves? Just curious because on By the Silver Wind's cover, he doesn't seem to have it (as far as I can tell). Sorry for such a silly question, but I've always been curious ever since reading about it. :)

Jess E. Owen Now that you've said it, I might do a drawing while the Kickstarter is going on. He broke his right leg, which, in the cover art, may not show anyway, since the scar is gray and he is . . . gray.
Similar questions have arisen about the absence of feathers in Catori's fur on the cover of Book 1. My very best author-answer has to be . . . they just don't show ;)

But it would make a nifty piece of art... *wanders off, muttering, twirling a mechanical pencil...*