EelKat Christine Allen
EelKat Christine Allen asked EelKat Wendy Christine Allen:

Has the dog ever eaten your manuscript?

EelKat Wendy Christine Allen No, but my rabbit (Rachel) did. I have a hard time keeping her out of my books. She has free room of the house, just like the cats and dog, and when she gets bored, she can be found on the bookshelves eating the books. Her favorite books are the mid-1990s vintage Star Trek novels. There must be something different about the paper or ink in them. I've moved them several times and she always finds them no matter where I put them. Unfortunately, she'll chew a book right in half in a matter of minutes and has destroyed quiet a few of my books that way. It's one of the reasons I buy multiple copies of my favorite books.

I did once have a dog, a Cocker Spaniel named Buddy, who's favorite "chew toy" was a copy of "Jesus the Savior", an old LDS/Mormon textbook from the 1970s, he took it off the shelf one day and chewed it up, than stashed it away in his bed. He carried it with him around the house for several years after that. Never knew what his reason was, because he never chewed books before or since, just that one.